OT-Uberti Cimmaron SAA .32-20

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

OT-Uberti Cimmaron SAA .32-20

Post by marlinman93 »

Got a great deal on a Cimmaron Uberti SAA today in .32-20 caliber. I figured I wanted it as I've got other SAA's in .45 Colt, and .38 Special. This one is the only Uberti, as the others are AWA and a Great Western from the 1950's.
Anyone had any experience with the Cimmarons in .32-20 yet? Mine is a 7 1/2" barrel on the early blackpowder style frame.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Not sure I should comment since the only 32-20 single action I've ever fired was an original 7.5" nickeled Colt SAA. Shot really nice too. No recoil to speak of, recoil was nil.

Wish it was mine ....

Joe
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I know lots of folks that swear by the Cimarron Ubertis. I don't own one, but, have shot quite a few and find nothing that would dissuade me from buying one if I found one in a configuration that I wanted. Depending on your intended use, I think you'll be very happy with it. If you're thinking of shooting competitively, I can think of several upgrades I'd recommend to improve it's reliability.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

The only .32WCF revolver I owned was an original circa 1908 Colt SA. It was a fun gun to shoot and could be loaded safely to a level above the anemic factory fodder. It went away in a trade that I probably shouldn't have made, but it was fair enough at the time.

I would dearly love to have a 4 3/4" Uberti to make up for it's loss, and will eventually end up with one. They come highly recommended.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

My initial attraction was to the caliber, as I really like the .32-20, but my other two are both 4 3/4", which I also love! Not sure I'd have ordered one with a 7 1/2" barrel, but at the price I couldn't pass on it.
Not planning on competitive shooting, but I wouldn't mind doing some work on the action to slick it up. It's good, but the one I traded had been slicked up, and it was great!
Thanks for the info!-Vall