I need to buy three bullets to test cartridge overall length

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

I need to buy three bullets to test cartridge overall length

Post by Naphtali »

I need to buy three Lyman #452651 325-grain .452-inch bullets to test cartridge overall length. If you can make them available for me to buy, please PM or email me.
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I need to buy three bullets to test cartridge overall length

Post by CowboyTutt »

Naph, I don't have any of that bullet to send you. I do have some 360 grain Keith bullets and some 360 grain WFN bullets, but not in 325. Sorry my friend! You can probably contact the bullet mould manufacturer (in this case Lyman) and find out the bullet length. The current Hodgdon Manual for 2021 lists a 325 grain LFN, PB with a COL of 1.680. It's a CPB bullet, honestly not sure what that means. Guessing the PB is for plain base. No gas check. If you have any of those Lyman bullets in your possession, load a dummy round, seat it into the rifling, back off by 2-3 thou on the COL off the rifling for hard cast. You should be OK then. Quickload is your friend and well worth the money.

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel