It's worse than I thought...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

It's worse than I thought...

Post by Larkbill »

I knew ammo and reloading supplies were in short supply. But all I needed were some simple overshot cards to adjust the length of some 20 ga loads using some WSF powder I inherited. Just fire off an order to Ballistic Products right?

Wrong. I usually go down a gauge in overshot card size but 28 ga came up unavailable so I hit the arrow to see the whole list. Luckily they had plenty of 24 ga but they only had stock in a couple odd gauges like 32 and 17.

Lack of supply? Demand? I know a lot of their stuff comes from Europe and things are somewhat slow there but come on. I just sold an outboard motor to a chap in the Netherlands and the way he talked things are booming there. His boat is in Spain and he and his girfriend were just down there and had no problems getting food for onboard or finding a place to eat. Lots of folks out and about spending money.

Re: It's worse than I thought...

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Larkbill, got an old box of Herters 3/8" thick , fiiler wads for 20 gauge. There is 500 of them. Also have a bunch if various 20 gauge plastic wads too. Shipping will be a slight buzzkill!....
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

Try The Gun Works in Springfield, OR:

http://www.thegunworks.com/custprodgun. ... Option=yes
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Thanks for the alternates. I've bought from BP for so long I didn't bother to look around until now.

Thanks for the offer on the wads. Shipping has truly gotten crazy, though if it fits in a flat rate box it's not so bad. I ended up ordering 1000 of the 24 ga over shot cards and the shipping was over half what the cards cost. But at least I'm still shooting skeet every week.