Blaine, Federal Punch 22

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Blaine, Federal Punch 22

Post by 3leggedturtle »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl1HUMt5UpM

Had a LCP 22, great little gun and fed everything I put thru it. Even the W-W 36gr HP with the sharp shoulder.
Gel testing starts around 5:30 mark.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Blaine, Federal Punch 22

Post by Blaine »

I will never argue that .22 is a decent SD weapon, but, if it's all you have (that was me at one time in the very broke past) you empty the shooter into the goblin. That would have been 8 stinger hits with my S&W 317 AirLite. It certainly would have adjusted the attitude of the bad guy. (I didn't know they made a .22 LCP)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ray wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:57 pm
Blaine wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:11 pm I will never argue that .22 is a decent SD weapon, but, if it's all you have (that was me at one time in the very broke past) you empty the shooter into the goblin. That would have been 8 stinger hits with my S&W 317 AirLite. It certainly would have adjusted the attitude of the bad guy. (I didn't know they made a .22 LCP)

https://www.levergunscommunity.org/view ... =1&t=75949
Hell, I can't remember what I had for breakfast a couple days ago. :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Same thing I have every morning Pinky! Coffee to try to conquer the world!
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That is decent penetration for a .22lr. Your attacker would be left bleeding. Not sure how much of a chance that they might go flat, but they wouldn't like getting shot that many times. Beats getting killed by an attacker.
D. Brian Casady
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

piller wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:11 pm That is decent penetration for a .22lr. Your attacker would be left bleeding. Not sure how much of a chance that they might go flat, but they wouldn't like getting shot that many times. Beats getting killed by an attacker.
if you shoot into the eye, or ear, or medulla oblongata, or through the bridge of the nose, or the spine in the neck, i think you likely have dead stop
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Not sure of the total penetration in those areas, Grizz. Still, those are areas which will usually shut things down completely and permanently. I do hope to never need to find out on another human. It does not seem that you are pushing to find out either. Being ready and willing does not mean eager.
D. Brian Casady
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

piller wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:07 pm Not sure of the total penetration in those areas, Grizz. Still, those are areas which will usually shut things down completely and permanently. I do hope to never need to find out on another human. It does not seem that you are pushing to find out either. Being ready and willing does not mean eager.
i absolutely do not want to kill any humans. all my experience is with venison. sitka blacktails have similar bone sizes to some of ours. i'd say whatever a particular load will do to a deer will also do to a human. skulls are about the same except for where the antlers mount. hip joints. neck connections.

a neck shot that interrupts the wiring should be lights out. i tell my wife to start at the adams apple and work up from there. i know someone who has killed deer with 22lr. shoots into the brain through the eye. lights out. have shot deer directly into the ear canal. [not with a 22] the deer was dead before it hit the ground.

a couple of years ago a seattle criminal shot a man in the chest with a 380 lcp. broke the backbone. drt. i think a 22 can do that, depending on the exact details of the bullet. if only we could get hard cast 40gr 22lr, i might carry that instead of 380 or 9mm. there are places i go where i have 3 choices on me, and sometimes i drive with one of them in hand. [along the idea of "one hand for myself, and one hand for the car" ]

handgun wounds are 10% fatal. don't have the source but have read it a number of times. the "expert" CDC perhaps. i think knives have a better score that way. i think the reason is the ["fire into the least vulnerable best protected area of the threat, and keep shooting until the threat isn't.]

after shooting the first deer on the Mogollon Rim, with a savage 99 in 243, and blowing lungs out of the exit hole, i started to concentrate on the CNS shot as being the most humane, most successful, quickest, and cheapest way to harvest deer.

and perhaps i've read that ranchers put down cattle with a 22 shot through the skull. idk, might me misinformed about that one.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

piller wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:07 pm Not sure of the total penetration in those areas, Grizz. Still, those are areas which will usually shut things down completely and permanently. I do hope to never need to find out on another human. It does not seem that you are pushing to find out either. Being ready and willing does not mean eager.
Whack someone's head with a baseball bat....not any penetration, but he's down for the count. :idea: :idea:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV