Strange choice for shooting Pheasants.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Strange choice for shooting Pheasants.

Post by gamekeeper »

As I explained a while back we have too many Pheasants, every day when I feed the song birds a mob of probably democrat Pheasants arrive and steal all the bird seed.
I have been selectively reducing the numbers with CCI quiet .22s but you and only eat so much game. So I bought this Daisy 340 BB pistol and now shoot several Pheasants a day, they don't like it and it doesn't do any damage as the BB bounces off, problem is that they come back within minutes of being shot but It is sure improving my pistol shooting of moving targets... :lol:
IMG_20210410_115706.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Strange choice for shooting Pheasants.

Post by Bill in Oregon »

"Democrat pheasants ..." :lol: :lol: :lol:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Those pheasant are just looking for free food. Whut foe you is does be makin' them pheasant work fo' theys füd?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Haven't you heard of a kinda new fangled contraption called a freezer? :)
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

1894cfan wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:09 pm Haven't you heard of a kinda new fangled contraption called a freezer? :)
Yes we do have these new fangled contraptions but why fill mine up when I can shoot as many as I want when I want :?: at the moment the Buzzard's and Red Kites are eating rather well... :lol:
d74cba714d8e2b680439416bc78066a1b5a94698.jpg
Red Kite.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:58 pm
1894cfan wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:09 pm Haven't you heard of a kinda new fangled contraption called a freezer? :)
Yes we do have these new fangled contraptions but why fill mine up when I can shoot as many as I want when I want :?: at the moment the Buzzard's and Red Kites are eating rather well... :lol:
d74cba714d8e2b680439416bc78066a1b5a94698.jpg
Red Kite.
Yup, keep feeding the Red Kites! I kinda like those kinds of birds! :mrgreen:
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

Oh! ..for shooting pHeasants!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

at first glance i thought the topic was shooting peasants ! my mistake, but a funny one.

kites are extremely beautiful to watch
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Grizz wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:47 am at first glance i thought the topic was shooting peasants ! my mistake, but a funny one.

kites are extremely beautiful to watch
I agree, yesterday I was carrying a dead pheasant through the orchard and a Red Kite flew around me to get a better look at what I was carrying, I threw the bird down but the Kite didn't land until I was out of sight. I often see Kites flying really low and close when I'm out with the gun, they show little fear of man, unlike the Buzzards.