RIP Prince Phillip.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
piller
Posting leader...

RIP Prince Phillip.

Post by piller »

Prince Phillip did his duty and supported his Queen for a very long time. Duty and service to his Queen and Country like that is admirable. May he Rest In Peace!

Despite our differences, England is still an Ally. I can admire the good qualities in the leaders of our allies.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Re: RIP Prince Phillip.

Post by 44shooter »

After watching The Crown I became a fan of the Duke of Edinburgh. RIP Prince Philip
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

Certainly one of the last of an era.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

He was a WW2 vet and a Hunting, Shooting and Fishing guy who spoke his mind, had a great sense of humour, a good bloke... RIP.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Godspeed, Sir.

Well Done.
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

He "did the Lord's work" in a very tough job, the nature of which was to play the second fiddle as long as he lived -- and he lived long. A good man.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

:mrgreen:
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Yes he was a good man. But I still don’t understand the American fascination with a monarchy that we fought a war to be rid of.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

jeepnik wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:22 pmYes he was a good man. But I still don’t understand the American fascination with a monarchy that we fought a war to be rid of.
Less than 25% of colonists supported the Revolution. Ergo 75% at best were ambivalent, at worst supported the Monarchy. No surprise to me.

= supported
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

You did well swapping Mad King George for George Washington, pity you now have the reincarnation of Mad King George........mad Joe biden.. :(
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

jeepnik wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:22 pm Yes he was a good man. But I still don’t understand the American fascination with a monarchy that we fought a war to be rid of.
Not a fascination on my part. Just an admiration of anyone who can put others first the way he did.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

They both thought that sustainability means getting the numbers (including you and your's) down to a manageable half-billion. To them, we're just peasant knaves breathing the air reserved for precious sax-coburg-gotha/windsors
i have been saying this for Decades! they don't want to fix the environment, they want to eliminate us to make sure they don't run out of gas during their lifetime. that's it.

not to mention what they did to the Plantagenets. Grrrrrr
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

You all do realize the Windsors aren't the Windsors. Seems the family was so afraid of their heritage they changed their name from Hanover in WW I.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Ray wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:01 pm I hope you all understand that philip and son charles both embraced genocidal mass depopulation in the name of environmentalism. They both thought that sustainability means getting the numbers (including you and your's) down to a manageable half-billion. To them, we're just peasant knaves breathing the air reserved for precious sax-coburg-gotha/windsors
Gee Ray, thanks for the enlightenment. I thought they only wanted some sort of birth control and things like not cutting down the rainforest....
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

Well he is the old upperclass, they were bred to conquer at all costs. At least you knew where you stood I guess. Now our governments tell us boys can be girls and billionaires declare the way of the future is eating insects to save meat. Not sure what group is worse..
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

jeepnik wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:13 pm You all do realize the Windsors aren't the Windsors. Seems the family was so afraid of their heritage they changed their name from Hanover in WW I.

You are mistaken.

The House of Windsor came into being in 1917, when the name was adopted as the British Royal Family's official name by a proclamation of King George V, replacing the historic name of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

FWiedner wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:48 am
jeepnik wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:13 pm You all do realize the Windsors aren't the Windsors. Seems the family was so afraid of their heritage they changed their name from Hanover in WW I.

You are mistaken.

The House of Windsor came into being in 1917, when the name was adopted as the British Royal Family's official name by a proclamation of King George V, replacing the historic name of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

There was a tremendous amount of bad feeling to anything German during the First World War.
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

I read that phillip wasn't Windsor anyway he was Battenberg turned to Mountbatten as gamekeeper says due to anti German sentiment post WW1 .a lot of them anglicised their names. Was funny reading about royal families in WW1 that the German, Brit monarchs and Russian czar were all first cousins and Queen Victoria was thier grandma. Talk about hell of a family squabble!
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

He gave up his Greek titles to serve the UK. Yes he was an inbred noble and not British by birth or upbringing. He did serve the Crown with wit and charm. Not saying he was perfect or better than anyone else but I was sad to see him go
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

44shooter wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:28 pm He gave up his Greek titles to serve the UK. Yes he was an inbred noble and not British by birth or upbringing. He did serve the Crown with wit and charm. Not saying he was perfect or better than anyone else but I was sad to see him go

No man is responsible for the circumstances of his birth or upbringing.

It's probable that he had some human warts

In the end, he chose a path. He served his chosen nation with distinction and loved one woman for over 70 years.

Not bad.

Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Ray wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:01 pm I hope you all understand that philip and son charles both embraced genocidal mass depopulation in the name of environmentalism. They both thought that sustainability means getting the numbers (including you and your's) down to a manageable half-billion. To them, we're just peasant knaves breathing the air reserved for precious sax-coburg-gotha/windsors
Watched a vid yesterday says the common brits don't think much of the royals, who've done nothing to help them with the covid lockdowns and everything that goes along with it, much like the current us govt with its citizens!
When phillip died, bbc just shut down all normal programing and had nothing but stuff about him 24hrs a day! NUTS with the royals!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well I'm a common Brit and being conservative by nature I like tradition, I don't agree with my tax money being spent on the likes of Harry and Meghan or other non productive Royle's. However I do have respect for the Queen as head of state just as you have respect for your Stars and Stripes, neither did much for the Chinese Pox but that's a job for politicians. I agree that the TV coverage was way over the top and did nothing to endear the royal family to soap and sports viewers. Me I didn't watch it.
Prince Phillip was a WW2 vet fighting Germans, Italians and Japanese. He supported UK gun owners when the UK government brought in knee jerk legislation, for that alone I regret his passing.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

He has passed and is beyond caring about what we think.

My people did not come from England, but some of my wife's people did. She is fascinated by the royals. I have little interest.

Different folks, different strokes.

But this I will say: It is cowardly to criticize someone after they have passed. Good or bad, they cannot come back and kick your butt.