The Bersa-itus Cat

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Bersa-itus Cat

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Ray wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:15 pm Mister Murbach once wrote.....

"My favorite little .22 auto is a Bersa with 17,000 rounds through it and not one malfunction."

https://www.forum.paulmoreland.com/terry-murbach/
I cannot claim such reliability with my Ruger .22 45
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Back in the old days I had a Beretta tip up pistol chambered in .22 short. It had a very thin front sight and a hollowed out notch for a rear. But that gun shot far better than it should and it was no problem to hit tin cans out to 25 yards or so. A little cheap pocket gun with almost no finish left, but it was a shooter.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

A rat appeared under my bird feeders on Monday, .22 CCI Quiet segmented took care of it, I left it where it lay incase a it had a friend who wanted to pay his last respects. No friend appeared so I later stepped outside to remove it only to see a black and white feral cat about to steal the corpse. Reloaded the 9422 with Remington yellow jackets as the feral will no doubt show up again.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:44 am
Ray wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:15 pm Mister Murbach once wrote.....

"My favorite little .22 auto is a Bersa with 17,000 rounds through it and not one malfunction."

https://www.forum.paulmoreland.com/terry-murbach/
I cannot claim such reliability with my Ruger .22 45
Out of curiosity, were you shooting those aluminum Blazer in it? My MKII Government Model refused to function with them.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I once had some of those aluminum case Blazer .22 lr rounds. They would not feed or eject quite right in my old MkII Ruger. They worked perfectly in my Heritage Arms .22lr revolver. My Ruger MkII has never given any trouble at all with any other ammunition. I used them all up on targets with the revolver.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Blaine wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:17 pm Out of curiosity, were you shooting those aluminum Blazer in it? My MKII Government Model refused to function with them.
Never tried those. Mine seems to malfunction every once in a while with anything I feed it.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:57 am Back in the old days I had a Beretta tip up pistol chambered in .22 short. It had a very thin front sight and a hollowed out notch for a rear. But that gun shot far better than it should and it was no problem to hit tin cans out to 25 yards or so. A little cheap pocket gun with almost no finish left, but it was a shooter.
Had a fellow bring me one of those, years ago in another place. Some genius had spray painted it gold - without disassembling. It was a mess. I took it apart and cleaned it up, found that some genius had used a lima bean, of all things, to "repair" the broken spring in the magazine. Anyway, got it up and running for him. Amazing what a good cleaning will do for an abused bit of gunmetal.

Then my brother acquired a Taurus copy in 22 LR. I had it out at the state shooting range one day and it started doubling. Kind of entertaining, but too many interested people around which prevented shooting more "for science". Pulled the grips, hosed it down with brake cleaner, reassembled, loaded it up and it ran like a top again. I always wanted to try one of their 380's (or was it a 32 acp?) as the larger caliber with the tip up barrel makes them easier for folks with limited hand strength to use and the larger projectile would be a bit more effective for defensive use.

In 22 short I'd REALLY like to get my hands on one of the old Walthers. I THINK it's a Walther, the ones they used for 25 meter competition. One of the locals had one and it shot well, even though it was set up for an S sized hand instead of my XL sized paw. He passed away a few years ago, I often wonder what happened to his collection, probably handed off to the powers that be as his kids aren't shooters.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Back in the 1970's I had a pair of Astra Cub's .... .22 Short Only .. neat little guns. Functioned very well. I put a wider front sight on one and squared up the back notch. I would lay under a tamarack tree on the ranch and shoot birds out of it for the cats. Dad had 20-some cats on the ranch to keep the scorpions and rattlesnakes down. When ever I walked out of the house with a gun I would have a herd of cats around me meowing. They would gather around me while I shot and catch the birds I hit before they landed on the ground. I shot a pile of .22 Shorts out of those little Astra's.
Astra_Cub.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

JimT wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:45 pm Back in the 1970's I had a pair of Astra Cub's .... .22 Short Only .. neat little guns. Functioned very well. I put a wider front sight on one and squared up the back notch. I would lay under a tamarack tree on the ranch and shoot birds out of it for the cats. Dad had 20-some cats on the ranch to keep the scorpions and rattlesnakes down. When ever I walked out of the house with a gun I would have a herd of cats around me meowing. They would gather around me while I shot and catch the birds I hit before they landed on the ground. I shot a pile of .22 Shorts out of those little Astra's.

Astra_Cub.JPG
And here's me shooting Cats to protect the birds...... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:58 pm
JimT wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:45 pm Back in the 1970's I had a pair of Astra Cub's .... .22 Short Only .. neat little guns. Functioned very well. I put a wider front sight on one and squared up the back notch. I would lay under a tamarack tree on the ranch and shoot birds out of it for the cats. Dad had 20-some cats on the ranch to keep the scorpions and rattlesnakes down. When ever I walked out of the house with a gun I would have a herd of cats around me meowing. They would gather around me while I shot and catch the birds I hit before they landed on the ground. I shot a pile of .22 Shorts out of those little Astra's.

Astra_Cub.JPG
And here's me shooting Cats to protect the birds...... :lol:
It was before GlowBull Warming ... when everything changed. :D
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Astra_Cub.JPG
Cats aren't as dumb as they look. My cousin had one that would come running when she heard my other cousin's Daisy 880 being pumped up. She KNEW it was snack time. She also had a hard time believing he could miss. When that old pellet rifle went POW! she'd run over to what ever tree he'd been shooting up into and look around all over on the ground because POW means SNACK!
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:57 am Back in the old days I had a Beretta tip up pistol chambered in .22 short. It had a very thin front sight and a hollowed out notch for a rear. But that gun shot far better than it should and it was no problem to hit tin cans out to 25 yards or so. A little cheap pocket gun with almost no finish left, but it was a shooter.
I can believe it's accuracy. In limited experience with Beretta pistol there's two things Beretta doesn't know how to do: make 'em small for the caliber and 2 make 'em inaccurate. I've one in .25 that is also way more accurate than it should be.

Cat
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Accuracy is certainly something Beretta does well. The Beretta known as the M9 is accurate.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost