New Caliber: .44 Cameltoe

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

New Caliber: .44 Cameltoe

Post by jkbrea »

This is....creative!?!

Watch "One man's solution to the ammo shortage" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/O90Qqj7L6F4
piller
Posting leader...

Re: New Caliber: .44 Cameltoe

Post by piller »

Certainly creative. If you do not have a mold and cannot get one, I can see doing that. I would probably try it in an emergency.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Some of us have been doing this stuff for years.
Many years ago we shot a lot of .45ACP out of the .475 Linebaugh. Empty cases fired open end forward were run in excess of 2000 fps from the revolvers. My standard load ran a bit over 1700 fps. Very light of course, but would take down the chickens on the NRA Range just fine.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I've been doing this for years. Take a 9mm case and fill with lead, flux it and insert in a 40 case- penetration out the wazoo!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

45 ACP loaded into 475 Linebaugh case .
loaded.jpg
Recovered ACP cases after firing at the Chickens on the NRA Range
fired.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Does anyone know the accuracy? The video said the bullets were wobbly and if that's the "case", it's a waste of time for handloaders as it's easier to cast bullets and it's not going to help non handloaders.

But...it is something different for the unknowledgeable. I shoot soup cans full of cement out of my bp mortar.---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I don't know what is worse right now, using up real bullets, or real brass for these experimental loads during a shortage of both. I guess it depends on what you have. I still think PCP airguns are a viable option right now. My tuned Sam Yang 45 Light Hunter shoots a .456 lead bullet at 800 fps. Not "Earth shattering" for sure, but it will make meat for dinner. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

A .456 lead bullet at 800 fps should be enough for deer. Sometimes you need to adapt.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

piller wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:23 pm A .456 lead bullet at 800 fps should be enough for deer.
That kind of load was good enough for most anything or anyone you had to shoot for many many years.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

CowboyTutt wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:09 pm I don't know what is worse right now, using up real bullets, or real brass for these experimental loads during a shortage of both. I guess it depends on what you have. I still think PCP airguns are a viable option right now. My tuned Sam Yang 45 Light Hunter shoots a .456 lead bullet at 800 fps. Not "Earth shattering" for sure, but it will make meat for dinner. -Tutt
PCP's OK, but you've got to have at least a pump or a SCUBA bottle (and a way to fill it) to keep it running. I've been playing around a bit with a Hatsan Striker with gas ram in 6.35 mm (25 caliber). It's not a deer gun, but has some amazing whallop to it for the relatively low power it puts out. A Hatsan Carnivore came up a while back down here, but no funds at the time. That one was a 30 caliber gas ram powered rifle and lays out some serious whack'em power for a springer.

I've had my eye out for one of the heavier caliber PCP's for a while, but they are always WAY over priced here (to the tune of $2,000 US or more for a $500-$700 US rifle).

Back to the original topic, there are a lot of ways of producing ammo in times of need. The amount of info out there is impressive.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com