Ahhh...new brass!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Ahhh...new brass!

Post by earlmck »

The 400 pieces I got from fellow levergunner roughcreek showed up on the porch yesterday.
3220brass173.jpg
A thing of beauty!

I know it looks like 32/20 brass but it is really 25/20. And maybe a few Bees....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Ahhh...new brass!

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Excellent!

I picked up 2000 plus pieces of .38 Special from a local police range last week. I've been busy filling them with powder and lead.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My 25/20 supply is not quite low but sure could use more. Every time I see a box of loaded ammo I buy it regardless of the $$$$$.
Guess if I had to I could fireform some of my Bee brass , got couple hunnered of those.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:53 pm My 25/20 supply is not quite low but sure could use more. Every time I see a box of loaded ammo I buy it regardless of the $$$$$.
Guess if I had to I could fireform some of my Bee brass , got couple hunnered of those.
The Starline 32/20 brass forms into 25/20 awful easy. Just run the new case over a neck button to make sure it is nice and round with no dents before doing the full-length size and you should seldom loose one. Quicker and cheaper than fireforming Bee brass I'd think.
The greatest patriot...
Patrick Henry
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I hear ya Earl but I don't have 32/20 but I do have Bee brass (in a pinch)

25/20, 32/20 - could ya ask for a better do it all round for survival? Carry a lot of ammo, potent enough for deer, fairly quiet too!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I have a 218 Bee and a 32-20; I keep thinking that is SO ‘incomplete’....how have I managed all these years without a 25-20...???

If I had money and time (two of the “big if’s” in life) I would get me a 25-20....just...because.

On the other hand, I DO sort of have a 25-20...
6D84A6AC-F4DE-4BAC-AA44-0CF98E4F069B.jpeg
...it’s the big green thing... 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I don't think your 25/20 has the same velocity -probably beats the energy though!! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Beautiful sight indeed, Earl. I remember getting all set to load .25-20 some years ago, and then when I went to order a Marlin Classic I realized they had been out of production for years. Dumb. :lol:
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Sometime in the mid 1920's my dad and his older brother pooled their resources to buy a m92 25/20. I don't know about the older brother but dad told me he'd earned his share by delivering grandma's butter and eggs to the neighborhood store (a little 10-mile jaunt by horseback). The older brother died in the late 30's and all my life that 25/20 sat in dad's closet with a "shot-out barrel".

Of course the barrel was not the least bit "shot-out" -- I now realize that dad gave me that story so I wouldn't be trying to shoot something for which cartridges were so much more expensive than 22 shells. Here she is "out of the closet".
2520Aempty.jpg
I put a Marble's tang sight on her and it is my main weapon for our local "25 bore" match. And of course for us reloaders a 25/20 is dirt cheap to shoot (unless we had to buy primers at today's scalper prices!)
The greatest patriot...
Patrick Henry
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

The other 200 pieces from Roughcreek are ending up as 25-20s too!

Eric
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Have fun reloading!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS