Forest Detective...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Forest Detective...

Post by AJMD429 »

You guys might find this interesting. I sure did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcLQz-oR6sw

I had heard about the unique opportunity for the wool industry due to the automated loom and Napoleon and embargoes, but so much of what this guy describes is stuff you can see in other parts of the country.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Forest Detective...

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Fascinating video, cradles and pillows I see them all the time but now I know a bit more about them.. thanks for sharing Doc.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Very interesting video to say the least! I always try to figure out all the thing's I see that our not completely natural in the woods. I live on property that's looks very close to the property in the video. It quite a bit more rugged with ravine's, 30 to 60 foot rock cliffs with a decent size stream running thru it. Rock walls running throughout it's entirety. I was out on a two hour hike yesterday looking for shed deer racks. No luck but I enjoyed the hike. I found lot's of downed trees done buy beaver trying to convert the flatter side of the stream into wetlands. There must have been 80 to 100 tree's down. The ice is slowly breaking up now. I can hear running water again. I found what I believe it a moose vertebra and large hip bone from very long ago. I saw a good size doe that I startled from it's bed. I saw a big barred owl on top of a 60 foot pine. I enjoy playing woodland deceive! I do pack a 44 Blackhawk on my hip do to the fact we have several bears in the area. With My luck I'll run into a hungry bruin coming out of hibernation! The bears owes me $60.00 for destroying my two bird feeders last fall! Anyway it's always great to spend time in the wood's alone. When I come in all wiped out out and dragging mud thought out the house listening to my wife bitch about the carpets being filthy I know all is right with the world! The info I learned from the video will aid me to understand the history of the land.