I guess we shouldn't CCW any more.....I feel so....guilty...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

I guess we shouldn't CCW any more.....I feel so....guilty...

Post by AJMD429 »

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Re: I guess we shouldn't CCW any more.....I feel so....guilty...

Post by Walker »

Arrest the person who stopped an assault... man this place is messed up! It should have been a teachable moment for the shop owner. Hopefully there will be a loud public outcry. Can't wait for my wife to retire and put Kali in the rear view.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

sounds to me like he's supporting his homies and doesn't want to lose his share of the loot.

that's the only rational explanation for what he said. what kind of a world has someone telling citizens to watch crime without interfering? that's a totally depraved individual trying to cow a totally depraved society into accepting crimes against humanity. it's more of the black marxist meme.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'd love to be beaten, robbed or murdered while a bunch of pussies stood around and took notes..... I bet the police chief would too......:roll:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Rational explanation......

Small business owner......probably a Republican
Perpetrator.... probably a democrat
Location of crime..... kalifornia
Rumble.com/ hickock45
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Not surprised at all. That part of the state has been tough on victims for decades.

I was detained after a couple of upstanding San Francisco citizens attempted to rob me at knife point. Apparently, standing at a urinal at SFO was some how wrong.

Or maybe it was the short hair and brand new civies. Apparently, the locals were offended by my recent all expenses laid trip to SEA.

By the way, the two miscreants were never prosecuted. They were just released after their hospital time.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

So now people are supposed to reporters, not protectors? People are supposed to call 911 and simply observe as someone is beaten senseless, or possibly to death? And if they can't stand to watch it happen they can choose to close their curtains, or walk away, but don't intervene to save another human from harm?
Yeah, this all makes perfect sense in a police state where the police have a history of either not responding, or being slow to respond. Put everyone into the position of feeling like they need to protect themselves, and then tell them not to protect themselves. Good grief.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

"Chief LeRonne?" What kind of a name is that" .....and chief at that?.....good, the citizens deserve what they get for being politically correct instead of using common sense. No wonder "white flight" is in high gear, and hopefully with twin carburetors, low gear ratios, and nitrous

Here in Philly their police chief is named Latwannie Bush Outlaw......and for good reason as Philly is now #1 in the country in murders.... .....(I made that first name up)

Good.....I hope the cities crumble and there's massive unrest, along with stealing, looting, car theft, businesses fleeing,

We all create our own destiny......
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Sounds as if the Police Chief and Ducks A... Would prefer that you participate in the crime. The Ducks A... In Dallas won't even prosecute property crimes less than $700 against businesses. You can walk in and steal a $15 to $20 item in Dallas County and national chain stores cannot do anything to you.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

piller wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:41 am Sounds as if the Police Chief and Ducks A... Would prefer that you participate in the crime. The Ducks A... In Dallas won't even prosecute property crimes less than $700 against businesses. You can walk in and steal a $15 to $20 item in Dallas County and national chain stores cannot do anything to you.
In Seattle, "poor" (colored) people can escape shoplifting charges because Dey Be Pour.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Same thing in Dallas County.
D. Brian Casady
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

it's the excessive PAPERWORK, city kids ain't good at read'n,rite'n, an rithmatic.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The ones who do know 'rithmatic are the ones who either go into legit besiness or run drug gangs.
D. Brian Casady
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Crime is up in every large metropolitan city in the US in the last 6 months to a year. And most city officials and higher up police are mystified by the increase? But the average citizen has no problem knowing what has caused it at all!
The talk of defunding police, and the senior police officers retiring in large numbers has a lot to do with it. Add to this the general lack of support for many police, and the hesitance of young people to want to even become an officer; and it pretty much tells the story. And not just the story to average citizens, but to the bad guys too. They all see the same thing, and have no issue increasing the crime rate when they're not getting caught.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

According to Armstrong, if you witness a woman being beaten and robbed outside of your store, you’re not supposed to intervene to stop the attack. Instead, you’re supposed to simply sit back and watch so you can tell police all about it after the fact.
And then you're a witness, the miscreant's lawyer plays the race card, and even if
there IS a conviction, they'll virtually certainly serve 10% or less of the possible sentence.

Sorry, folks - I'm just not made that way.

IMHO, beating a woman about the head and face is a vile, disgusting, and cowardly act, and needs
to be dealt with promptly, decisively, and forcefully. The police, courts, and legal system simply don't
do that anymore. (The exception might be in the highly unlikely event that the woman started the
fracas. Even so, there are limits.)

Mt ex-wife's great aunt lived in East Boston back in the day. At one point there were some young men
hassling women. The appropriate people were notified, and the problem stopped. The police were not
involved at all.

-Stretch
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Sounds as if there was honor within the Cosa Nostra back then. Might still be.
D. Brian Casady
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

This kind of thing leads to power in organized criminal enterprises. In the 1970s in New York, you did not go to the police for justice, you went to see the old men.

Same thing in New Orleans, the cops were so corrupt that you would go elsewhere for justice.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:07 am This kind of thing leads to power in organized criminal enterprises. In the 1970s in New York, you did not go to the police for justice, you went to see the old men.

Same thing in New Orleans, the cops were so corrupt that you would go elsewhere for justice.
in the 60s in NYC i avoided all of them, outran some of them, survived on the streets for a while . . ,
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Most of the Texas Cops I have dealt with have been top notch. Two, and only two, made me think they were as crooked as a bent corkscrew. One was on the Dallas County Sheriff's Department. The other was a Police Chief in my small town who lost his license to be Law Enforcement by getting caught breaking and entering businesses in town and being charged with felony theft.

I sort of make it a point to say hello and speak to most Cops when I can. Very rarely do any of them come across as unpleasant.
D. Brian Casady