Winchester 1892 carbines with ramp front sight

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Winchester 1892 carbines with ramp front sight

Post by Pat C »

Anyone that has an original Winchester 92 carbine with ramp front sight post please post pictures in this thread or send them to me.

Looking for markings
Rear sight location from receiver face
Long or short wood forends
Type of buttplate ,carbine or model 55 serrated
twobit
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Winchester 1892 carbines with ramp front sight

Post by twobit »

Pat C wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:10 am Anyone that has an original Winchester 92 carbine with ramp front sight post please post pictures in this thread or send them to me.

Looking for markings
Rear sight location from receiver face
Long or short wood forends
Type of buttplate ,carbine or model 55 serrated
Hello Pat,

I have seen more than a hand full of Model 92's with ramp front sights while working on my research survey of these rifles. A good number of them are obviously fitted with non factory replacement barrels but there are several sporting rifles that have Model 43 barrels which have been re-stamped "92"

Michael
Michael Puzio
Winchester Model 1892 Collector, Research & Valuations
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Winchester 1892 carbines with ramp front sight

Post by Pat C »

Hello Michael , You know I was looking through some of my media and latest parts catalog I have is December 1950 and the 92 is still fully serviced at that time still.

Ramp front carbine barrels are all that's listed other than rifle barrel. Something to note ,at that time you can still get stripped receivers with or without pistol grip tang both rifle and carbine all calibers.

I think a fair number of rifles and carbines were put together way later than many think. This means large numbers of receivers made and stocked for years.

So many of these hybrid seemingly fake rifles may be 100% legit. It also states serials above 1,000,219 state if ordering pistol grip tang.