Clover rear sights

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bearskinner
Levergunner 2.0

Clover rear sights

Post by Bearskinner »

Looking at the clover leaf rear sights with 2 fiber optic dots. Trying to upgrade rear sights for quick sight acquiring. I ordered one from Ranger Point, just wondering if anyone has one and what you think of them.
“YOU CAN’T SHOOT A BIG ONE IF YOU SHOOT A LITTlE ONE FIRST”
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Clover rear sights

Post by AJMD429 »

I don’t, but be sure to check out the Marbles “Bullseye” Replacement rear sights. They have the unique ability to be quickly acquired uired but allow precision aiming.

I would say there’s nothing faster than the Marbles Bullseye other than perhaps a really good red dot.

From this thread on ‘aperture sights’ -viewtopic.php?p=390174&sid=f5692fcad833 ... 09#p390174

I find the Marbles "Bullseye" sight to offer one of the best 'views' of sights I've used - better precision than an 'open' sight, and you don't have the entire lower half of your field of view blocked out like on open sights (and most 'peeps'). Windage is only drift-adjustable, but makes a great hunting sight. Anyhow - no gunsmithing needed, simply replaces your factory sight in the barrel dovetail; not the 'best' sight in all situations, but WAY better than the factory sight. In addition to the conventional elevation-adjustable model, a more compact fixed model is available (might be a great 'ghost ring' for a shotgun or hog gun if you wanted to swap front sights to get proper elevation). Note that some (?all) Puma's have wider-than-standard dovetails, and a bit of shimming is needed when swapping sights; I just slip a bit of thin metal or plastic under the sight before driving it into position. Notice how much of the field of view a 'conventional' open sight blocks - I did not change the front sight out, so the rear would block as high as drawn, and was the same width as the outer aperture of the Marbles.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bearskinner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bearskinner »

They look a little fragile, but I like the design. I’ve ordered one of each, so I’ll test them and see how they do.
“YOU CAN’T SHOOT A BIG ONE IF YOU SHOOT A LITTlE ONE FIRST”
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

They are really tough, actually - I tried to drill into one and the steel was too tough for my regular steel bits.

My dream-sight would be to mount the plain one in place of the windage-adjustable aperture on a Williams FP...it would require some fancy machining though.

Image + Image = ??
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "