It's been 40 years...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

It's been 40 years...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

... today since my Dad died. I'm 11 years older than he was when he died (45).

Boy do I miss him. :cry:
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: It's been 40 years...

Post by .45colt »

I hear You loud and clear....40 years ago this week I was Married... and in December My Dad passed. what I wouldn't give to sit down with a Drink and listen to some stories about My people and the land I grew up on. It's a Tough Life.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Next week it will be 4 years since I lost my Dad. Not a day goes by I don't think of him, one of his jokes- even though most were old groaners!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Rough on a family when the Dad dies young.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Been without my dad for fifty years and my mom for 26, my sister and my brother are gone too. :(
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

I'm blessed to still have my both parents among the living :D ! It nice when your parents have there children very young! Planned or not!
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

You are indeed blessed to still have them.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I lost my mom about three and a half years ago. It's been tough to say the least. My mother-in-law, the year before that. My wife's father died many years ago, but she never knew him. He split when she was about 2 years old. Michelle doesn't talk about it much, she loved my mom and just adores my dad.
My dad just turned 80 last month and is in great shape. I hate it when he leaves for FL every year, but I understand. We try to call or text every day or two, but he's harder to find now than when he was before he retired. Always getting into something.

Jay, it makes me very sad you didn't get to know your dad. I bet he would be very happy to know what a good person you are.

Jason
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My Dad is 91 and Mom will be 81 in April. Both alive, but health is declining.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:09 pm ... today since my Dad died. I'm 11 years older than he was when he died (45).

Boy do I miss him. :cry:
Yeah, it stinks Jay...

13 years since I lost my Dad -- almost to the day... Sure do miss him.

Meeting you and your wonderful family (the people, that is -- not just "the collection" I've help you build...), think of all he's missed... My wife's father & mother both passed in the mid 40s as well -- way too early, much too young...

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

It's coming up on 5 years since my wife passed.
My Mom passed in 2009, just before we moved to Africa.
Dad passed in 2011 while we were there.
It was Christmas Day. I woke up, having just dreamed of seeing my Mom and how excited she was at Christmas Time. She was that way until she died ... so excited she could barely sleep on Christmas Eve.
I sent a quick text to my Sister in the States, telling her I had seen Momma in a dream and that she was excited about Christmas.
My sister immediately replied, "Yes, she is. Daddy went to be with her last night."
BitterSweet.
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

It's not fair losing a good father that young.
coincidentally it's 40 years since my folks divorced. Only ran into my father twice after that which was two times more than I'd have liked. he came out of the army changed, tended to use anything around as a punching bag if you get what I mean and was a big rawboned guy 6'2 and about 210 lean. I always said if I ran into him as an adult we would see whats what. I ended up an inch taller and about another 50lbs heavier too. Got to see him at my grandmothers funeral, a bent over worn out old man. No point being angry.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Forty one years ago my Father went in for a Hernia operation. Put him under and his heart stopped. He came out of the hospital with a triple bypass. He was 49. He was an outdoorsman and would of surely died of a heart attack working on the farm or out in the woods hunting. So I was lucky to have him around till 4 years ago. His friends didn't take heed. His best friends died of heart attacks at 52 and 54. When I was young a lot of good men that I looked up to died too young from heart failure. Times have changed and people pay attention to their health better than they used. All the old curmudgeons here is proof of that. :D

I still talk to my Dad in my dreams. Nothing has changed, he seems to always pull up in his truck, saying to jump in because we have fencing to do or something else that needs to be done. As always I jump in and the conversation start.