Anyone with a ‘gun collection’ is screwed...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Anyone with a ‘gun collection’ is screwed...

Post by AJMD429 »

The ‘choice’ is whether to pay $200 per ‘semiautomatic firearm’ (all other types no doubt to soon follow) to ‘register’ them (or face a $250,000 fine and a ten year mandatory sentence per firearm for failure to register) or let the government “buy them back” (the ONLY Gun I ever bought from the government was a Garand from the CMP many years ago)...

Yet if this is like most ‘gun control’ proposals, less than one per cent of gun owners and ‘sportsmen’ will even bother to contact their legislator. But millions will bury firearms and fantasize about some apocalyptic shootout versus jackbooted troops coming to their neighborhood... :roll: ...I wish it were that simple, fellas, but freedom isn’t easy to keep. It requires hard work and participating in the political system... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Anyone with a ‘gun collection’ is screwed...

Post by Catshooter »

Like the wise man said, "You may not be interested in politics, but politics is interested in you!

Cat
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Molon Labe
Model A Uzi’s
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Depends on the "gun collection". Since 90% of mine are older than 1898, they are classified as "antiques" or "non guns" by ATF. So if it comes down to paying $200 fees, I'll have to decide which ones I keep, and which go away. But it wont be my collection of old firearms.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

It has been my bitter experience that once you comply on a small infringement of your rights you will be expected to comply again and again until the things you thought safe are then deemed offensive in the eyes of those who are paid well to think up the rules. Even the orange tipped toy guns are already on the list for banning in the future.
Think I'm joking, come on across the pond and live over here.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gamekeeper......you are 100% right and that's why I will NEVER comply.

The hardest part of any job is getting it started, then it's that so called slippery slope.

There are tens of thousands of registered machine guns out there and I can't remember a single instance of any of them being used unlawfully.

I've built my life around antique guns and it would be nothing to give up my small arsenal of AR's or Uzi's but I KNOW it's not going to change anything so why should I comply with these asinine demands only to see my tax monies collected go to leftist causes. F 'em....they ain't gettin' nuttin'. I've been free for 66 years and plan on keeping it that way.
Model A Uzi’s
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

Make no mistake, they will follow up on every 4473 filed in that 20 years. Anyone who thinks they wont is sorely mistaken
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

the anglo saxon word for tax is gelding, and it means exactly that
MingoKid
Levergunner 1.0

Post by MingoKid »

Has this been proposed yet? I know Buck Fiden spoke of it on the election trail of subterfuge, but has an executive order been issued? I'm just keeping my head down and staying away from the news. MK
I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds the future!
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

They cannot control gun crime in Chicago or Detroit. How exactly do you think they are going to do anything on a nationwide scale?
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

What guns?!

They can't enforce anything remotely like that without changing the Constitution.

They tried it in Canada, and people mostly ignored them. The Canadian govenment
then gave up.

The Feds have currently tried to make a couple of examples of gun owners who
use marijuana in Maine, and I think there might be 2 or 3 examples. Seems
to me the guys are kinda loudmouths, and the Feds can only afford to go after
one or two.

All of these are scare tactics. wvfarrier, they simply don't have the manpower for that.
They'll try to make one or two examples, and that's it. You've got a greater chance of
being struck by lightning. The Feds have admitted, in writing, that they don't go after
felons who falsify information on 4473 forms in well over 99% of cases unless there are
"extenuating circumstances." And how are they gonna find the guns with no paperwork?
Fro example, you might have two 1911s; one on the books and one not. If they come
asking, give 'em the one on the books and you're golden. What are they gonna do, turn
your house upside down and shake it?

What IS concerning are the laws about dealing in lead (thank you, Billary!), and
the current shortage of components. If they can restrict things now while we're short,
that would be bad. Fortunately the Feds move at a glacial pace.

We have to be vigilant, or we'll die a death of a thousand cuts. The latest is trying to
restrict lead or mandate lead remediation in private shooting ranges. That's a concern.
Our local club has been in existence for over half a century, and there are ZERO complaints
about lead contamination of groundwater, etc..

"It has been my bitter experience that once you comply on a small infringement of your
rights you will be expected to comply again and again....."

Yep.

That's why you politely answer, "No comment on the advice of counsel." And send them
on their way if they have no warrant.

Remember too, that you can lie to local law enforcement. they don't like it, but they
cannot arrest you for it. Lying to the Feds is a Federal felony. "No comment."

-Tom
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:37 pm They cannot control gun crime in Chicago or Detroit. How exactly do you think they are going to do anything on a nationwide scale?
THIS, my fine friends is the truth........

Are people that scared and beat down before anything has even been put to law?

It's called "enforcing" ....are you going to let .000001 of the ruling class determine your life...or destiny?

Smoke and mirrors with a large helping of BS to instill fear is what the ruling class does best. The three biggest motivators of mankind are fear, guilt, and joy. Fear is used in communist countries .....guilt is used by our governing body with a splash of joy thrown in....and that joy they "give" us is meaningless without substance.

I'm sure many of you know guys in LE and the military.......I have asked this question many times to enlisted men and more that several dozen LE, whom several live on our semi rural street here in Thornton. I was blunt, "would you turn on your fellow man if told to do so?" Without hesitation they all laughed. They know the importance of law and order in our nation and they also know where communist orders come from...the high command.

Most everyone just wants to live a happy life, free from restraints. Most everyone I know does not need to be told right from wrong because it's NATURAL to be civil and help one another. Anyone or any entity deviating from natural thinking has a hidden agenda of their own and for sure.....it's not in your best interests.

It will be a cold day in hell before I let anyone instill fear into my daily life and I'm smart enough to know the limitations of guilt. I produce joy on my own.

We already have FREEDOM......why in the F would you let anyone chip away at that or you giving up a piece f your destiny because it's THEIR wish when you know it's only "feel good" legislation? In other words your paying $100 for a gallon of gas that's really colored water.

Screw all those self anointed bastards in the .000001 ......I'm not giving up NOTHING.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well....it looks like me and Stretch released our manifestos at the same time....well said Stretch! ----6
Model A Uzi’s
Trailboss
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Trailboss »

stretch wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:08 pm What guns?!

They can't enforce anything remotely like that without changing the Constitution.
-Tom
Tom, I wish what you are saying was true but I just don't see that. Liberals believe that the Constitution is a living document that is to be reinterpreted daily depending on current liberal group think. Make no mistake about it, the Supreme Court is fully complicit with this practice. Liberals will interpret the Constitution in any way the Globalists order them to and private property and gun ownership are not part of that global agenda.

Patriots can either stand together and defend the whole from today moving forward or they can stand individually and eventually fall standing alone.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Okay, Trailboss - ya have a point. :wink:

They can't enforce anything remotely like that unless they change the Constitution
-OR-
Sheeple conform to a gun registration scheme.

Gun registration equals gun confiscation. (What guns?)

They can try to make a few examples to scare everybody, but that's about it.

There's no room in the prisons anyway. Just yesterday in the local paper there
were two articles on prisoners being sentenced:

The first miscreant performed a drive by shooting at his ex-girlfriend's house.
He was charged with reckless conduct, being a felon in possession of a firearm,
and something else. Pled it down to 1 year in the local jail on the state charges.
NO FEDERAL CHARGES! (Should be 5 years in a Federal pen, no?!) But we need
more gun laws!

The next nincompoop beat and strangled a pregnant woman - fortunately not to
death. 364 day jail sentence - ALL SUSPENDED - and 2 years probation. But we
need stronger laws on domestic violence!

And the courts are over a year behind on criminal cases in Maine, and virtually all
of the county facilities in the state are overpopulated.

Be vigilant and give them nothing! Make 'em work for it. No comments, no consent
to search, you can confirm or deny NOTHING. If you're like me, you deliberately don't
keep records of gun purchases and/or sales, so they have to find the records - which
don't exist with private sales. They still have to PROVE you broke the law.

I have guns that pre-date the 1968 law, so for all practical purposes they don't exist
for the Feds. I have others that I bought from gentlemen who are long dead - the Feds
don't know they exist, either. Maybe I sold 'em on - no one knows. :)

-Stretch
Trailboss
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Trailboss »

stretch wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:36 pm Okay, Trailboss - ya have a point. :wink:

They can't enforce anything remotely like that unless they change the Constitution
-OR-
Sheeple conform to a gun registration scheme.
Be vigilant and give them nothing! Make 'em work for it. No comments, no consent
to search, you can confirm or deny NOTHING. If you're like me, you deliberately don't
keep records of gun purchases and/or sales, so they have to find the records - which
don't exist with private sales. They still have to PROVE you broke the law.

I have guns that pre-date the 1968 law, so for all practical purposes they don't exist
for the Feds. I have others that I bought from gentlemen who are long dead - the Feds
don't know they exist, either. Maybe I sold 'em on - no one knows. :)

-Stretch
Totally agree, living inside an information black hole is a good thing today.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

When we allowed them to prohibit any future full-auto firearms production, we completely lost our integrity. It was bound to go downhill from there.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:13 pm Gamekeeper......you are 100% right and that's why I will NEVER comply.

The hardest part of any job is getting it started, then it's that so called slippery slope.

There are tens of thousands of registered machine guns out there and I can't remember a single instance of any of them being used unlawfully.

I've built my life around antique guns and it would be nothing to give up my small arsenal of AR's or Uzi's but I KNOW it's not going to change anything so why should I comply with these asinine demands only to see my tax monies collected go to leftist causes. F 'em....they ain't gettin' nuttin'. I've been free for 66 years and plan on keeping it that way.
There have been zero cases of registered machineguns ever being involved in any crimes since they first began the process. So you're correct.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Roknstevo
Levergunner

Post by Roknstevo »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:13 pm Gamekeeper......you are 100% right and that's why I will NEVER comply.

I’m with you, brother.....71 yrs for me. If they get mine they’ll burn their fat, soft little hands.
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

OK WHAT AM I MISSING HERE? Who proposed this? Give me a link please.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Bullard4075 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:18 am OK WHAT AM I MISSING HERE? Who proposed this? Give me a link please.
https://www.gunowners.org/na10312020/

Paul105
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul105 »

rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

If anything , I think they will start with the ar's first and get a feel how what they can and cannot get away with, If that goes well, then they throw eveything else that they can and see what sticks to the wall. In my opinion, the "party " that went on at the capitol three weeks ago will look mundane compared to what might happen if we decide not to bow down.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

https://fullmagnews.com/2021/01/29/new- ... -proposed/

Propose ten things then 'compromise' seven away, and you are three ahead. That's the kind of thing they always do. If we balk at all, then we are 'unwilling to compromise' on 'common sense gun safety'.

We need to balk ALOT. Every one of the 80 million gun owners out there should do two things:

1. contribute at least a dollar to the NRA - $80,000,000 would be a nice start.
(if they can't stand the NRA, donate to GOA, the SAF, or whoever)
2. write at least one paper letter, one email, and one fax per week.
(write and send the email, print it out to mail, and fax it prior to mailing it, to save labor if desired)

Even if one per cent of the gun owners get off their butts we will put a mountain of pressure on the politurds.

kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

I agree with you Doc. Even better would be if every gun owner actually belonged to the NRA! Unfortunately that won't happen. But in the meantime, if every NRA member bought a non-NRA member fellow gun owning friend a one year membership in the NRA, we could at least double the enrollment.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

kaschi wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:53 pm I agree with you Doc. Even better would be if every gun owner actually belonged to the NRA! Unfortunately that won't happen. But in the meantime, if every NRA member bought a non-NRA member fellow gun owning friend a one year membership in the NRA, we could at least double the enrollment.
Or......
If all the virtue-signaling ‘lifetime NRA Members’ who ponied up $300 back in 1977 actually CONTINUED to support them, even with a paltry $10/month.... :evil:

I’ve continuously (almost) subscribed to the three ‘journals’ via ongoing ‘Annual Memberships’ under my kids’ or practice names. That gives them extra funds, as well as magazines to share via waiting-room, etc.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

AJMD429 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:18 pm If all the virtue-signaling ‘lifetime NRA Members’ who ponied up $300 back in 1977 actually CONTINUED to support them, even with a paltry $10/month.... :evil:
The above is a major drain on the NRA.....While we have always had to fight, the cost has cost 10 fold since the eighties.....simply put, most guys are cheap.......Congressman need much more today to be "bribed" for voting our way....the common sense and Constitutional way..

If a person buys a life membership they feel like they are done...for life....yes to feel good and no, your draining them......continued monetary support is needed...after your designated magazine and mailings are sent to you, not much is left over for the legislative fight.

Entering NRA sanctioned competition is another way as part of the fees goes to the NRA.

I've always considered $100 a year an absolute minimum to give.......
Model A Uzi’s
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

I figure they’ll do what they gotta do and I’ll do the same. They can suck my nuts.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Bullard4075 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:18 am OK WHAT AM I MISSING HERE? Who proposed this? Give me a link please.
This one would create a Federal Gun Registry and all sorts of related nonsense; and of all places it originates from Texas:

Link > BILL is Here