Ebay 45/70 jig for the Win1876 shooters

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
black river smith
Levergunner 2.0

Ebay 45/70 jig for the Win1876 shooters

Post by black river smith »

For the Win1876 shooters that have to make their own brass casings. I ran across this ebay seller offering a 3D printed jig.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-Adjustab ... 2749.l2649

Now while he lists the jig for a 45/60 final casing, it should also work for cutting 45/70 for a final 40/60, also. I bought one and have now used it on one of Harbor Freights 2" cut-off saws. The jig fits on the rightside of the clamp and blade. Once it is set by the adjustable screw it has continued to cut consistent lengths. I cut the casing to about 1.893 to 1.895 and then sized. It seems the length grew somewhat rather than shrank from neck formation. But since I was going to final trim to 1.890 or 1.891 using either a Lyman Universal or older Hornady trimmer that did not matter.

The cases still need the rims thinned down but I was mainly concerned with how fast the trimming and final lengths could be achieved.

It appears that my old 'processing steps' will have to be changed to getting a fully functional casing from the 45/70 parent.

I am just letting you all know that something is out there to help trim cases faster and easier than using modified Lee length trim gauge; hand cranked case trimmers or drill powered case trimmers.

PS - I get no kick-backs and it is not my sale.
editted: I forgot the 8's in the measurements.
Last edited by black river smith on Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Ebay 45/70 jig for the Win1876 shooters

Post by gamekeeper »

Cool 3D gizmo..... 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.