A Little Girl and Some Construction Workers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

A Little Girl and Some Construction Workers

Post by Old No7 »

Sometimes a little humor helps us make it through the day...

TGIF... :wink:

Old No7

This is a heartwarming story about the bond formed between a little girl and some construction workers; it makes you want to believe in the goodness of people and that there is hope for the human race.

A young family moved into a house next door to a vacant lot. One day a construction crew turned up to start building a house on the empty lot. The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and started talking with the workers. She hung around and eventually the construction crew, all of them gems-in-the-rough, more or less adopted her as a kind of project mascot. They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important. At the end of the first week they even presented her with a pay envelope containing a dollar! The little girl took this home to her mother who said all the appropriate words of admiration and suggested that they take the dollar pay she had received to the bank the next day to start a savings account.

When they got to the bank the teller was equally impressed with the story and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own pay check at such a young age. The little girl proudly replied, "I worked all last week with a crew building a house."

My goodness gracious," said the teller, "and will you be working on the house again this week, too?"

The little girl replied, "I will if those useless bastards at Home Depot ever bring us the effing drywall!"
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: A Little Girl and Some Construction Workers

Post by 3leggedturtle »

:mrgreen: I put down my coffee before reading. Wasn't disappointed! Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Heard it before, and it is still funny!
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

:lol:
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Good one! :D
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

That's great!
Thanks for the laugh, I have to send that to my dad.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

My Wife (Ms. Crabtree :twisted: ) even got a big Laugh from that yesterday . Thanks for the Help................................ :D .
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

Old No7 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:25 pm Sometimes a little humor helps us make it through the day...

TGIF... :wink:

Old No7

This is a heartwarming story about the bond formed between a little girl and some construction workers; it makes you want to believe in the goodness of people and that there is hope for the human race.

A young family moved into a house next door to a vacant lot. One day a construction crew turned up to start building a house on the empty lot. The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and started talking with the workers. She hung around and eventually the construction crew, all of them gems-in-the-rough, more or less adopted her as a kind of project mascot. They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important. At the end of the first week they even presented her with a pay envelope containing a dollar! The little girl took this home to her mother who said all the appropriate words of admiration and suggested that they take the dollar pay she had received to the bank the next day to start a savings account.

When they got to the bank the teller was equally impressed with the story and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own pay check at such a young age. The little girl proudly replied, "I worked all last week with a crew building a house."

My goodness gracious," said the teller, "and will you be working on the house again this week, too?"

The little girl replied, "I will if those useless bastards at Home Depot ever bring us the effing drywall!"
Yea! I have my first grandchild going on 1 yoa And believe me you bob ,she watches everything and is a monkey see, monkey do. gonna have to curb the :twisted: biden support words.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Great oldie but goodie, always good for a laugh. Stole it and sent to some friends. :lol: