Feels good to be hunting again

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Feels good to be hunting again

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I suppose it was probably almost 10 years ago, I went through a nasty divorce that really hurt me financially. At the same time I lost my position in a law firm because I would not bend on an ethical issue. I was making pretty good money and had time to travel, but my daddy did not raise me to be a thief.

I took another job in a law firm that serves only local governmental entities and I was earning less than half of what I was in the previous firm. My child support was based on the former job and I knew that she needed it to get by, so I downsized and I cut out a lot of extras. No trips to Raton for the Holiday, I did not attend gatherings like the CSA and I completely lost track of so many friends. No hunting, no fishing......

My nose was to the grindstone and I set out to build a police defense practice in this firm. I devoted all of my efforts to create something that did not exist and for which I think I have been preparing for years to accomplish.

As of January 1, 2021, I am now an equity partner in the firm with a prosperous practice and I decided to spend more time enjoying what I was missing for so many years. I married a fine lady. We went to the CSA in September and was able to see my friends again. I'm hunting again and that makes me feel so much better. We have a freezer full of meat and I am back here.

No matter what happens in Washington, life is pretty good here in Texas.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Re: Feels good to be hunting again

Post by octagon »

Congrats on making it out of the hole and full partnership. Amen to "life is good in Texas"
Congrats as well on the fine lady, got one myself 25 years ago this year.
Last edited by octagon on Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Condolences for your past travails. Had no clue.

I can only say that it's a pleasure to have you back and contributing again.

Good to 'see' you again, Scott.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Like an old mule, sometimes I need to be hit upside the head with a 2x4.

I think that this was a God thing to make me get some things straightened out in my life. So, don't feel bad for me. I feel blessed.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Anyone can get in a bad spot. An adult finds a way out. A child says "somebodg did this to me so somebody needs to fix it." A tip of the hat to you for being adult and finding your way out. I like the sort of people on here.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

New hat rack.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

That's the way to do it! Nice hat rack too.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Seems most people have some tough travels through life, and not many a perfect route traveled. My dad used to tell me a commonly heard saying, "What doesn't kill you will only make you better." Now that wasn't much encouragement in my younger years when it seemed like some pretty horrible things happened in my life. But looking back at where it took me, and how sometimes the things that seemed the worst, ended up forcing me to make changes, and those changes were almost always eventually better.
So now I still look back at certain things and wish they would never have happened, but I also look at them as life changing things that got me to today. I'm content, enjoy life, have a good wife, and have been happily retired for a decade. Not sure if I'd want to change even the bad things now.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

marlinman93 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:50 pm Not sure if I'd want to change even the bad things now.
I would like to go back and take back certain words I said. Other than that, I am in total agreement.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

One of my favorite authors mentioned that good useful steel must go through fire and being hammered on to become worth using. I sort of put my own words to the idea. Still, it is easy to see that someone who never was put under any type of stress or hardening is the sort who folds or breaks under pressure. Without going through some type of difficulty, you probably will not become much of a person.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Okay to me CSA means Confederate States of America . What does it stand for otherwise ?
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

A little struggle is good in our lives. I wouldn't have thought so 20 years ago, but when you come out the other side better off, and with a better perspective, it becomes clear.
Glad all is well with you sir!
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
WASATCH CHARLIE
Levergunner

Post by WASATCH CHARLIE »

Life has a funny way of changing ones direction of travel.......
.........I just happened to be coming out of a campground on the SNAKE RIVER wy. Daughter said,hold on POPS ,car coming....just then,the old fella that worked as CAMP HOST,waved his hands and ran up (Sort of) to our vehicle......we had a chat and our lives changed forever.
you just never know.....
wish you the best of luck
glenn
Was I really going that fast????? Geez, officer,did not think this old Ford would even do 90 !!!!!!
I'm canadian Eh !!!