Subaru Forester versus Jerry Miculek

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Subaru Forester versus Jerry Miculek

Post by AJMD429 »

https://youtu.be/L10AWxwCjHo

If I become a bank robber, I'm getting a Subaru Forester.....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Subaru Forester versus Jerry Miculek

Post by Bill in Oregon »

One of the instructors who uses our county range keeps a beater Dodge Stratus on hand for this work. The .223s usually penetrate well, and a 9mm occasionally gets lucky.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

I wonder what a Lyman 12ga sabot slug made of Lyman #2 lead going about 1,400fps would do to a car door? :o
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Many years ago at 'the farm' one of the boys had a '67 Ford he was going to restore when he got out of the Army. Well he would have needed to replace everything from the frame up by the time we finished shooting it! We poured thousands of rounds into that truck. .22s, center fire including AP & tracer, slugs, buckshot and copious amounts of black powder. Amazing how easily a 22 lr would make holes in real sheet steel ! Needless to say when it was time to send it to the scrap yard it fell off the frame and was buried where it died. Shhh don't tell the epa! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

As a kid, with property that was on the river bottom, one of our neighbors decided to control the erosion by taking junk cars and pushing them just over the edge every 30 feet or so. Over the years they did just what he thought, and allowed plants and vines and things to anchor, controlling the erosion. I have no idea how much transmission fluid and engine oil was in them, but it probably is far less pollution than the amount of stuff the average suburban ‘environmentalist’ puts into their groundwater every day. :roll:

Anyway, we used to shoot at them just to see what kind of potential penetration the firearms we had as little kids (rifles from 22LR to 308 Win, handguns from 22LR to 44 Mag...you know...’KID guns’ if you grew up in the 1970’s in the MidWest USA... :mrgreen: ) would do if we actually needed to neutralize someone in an automobile.

A few probably grew up to be cops; the rest just redneck ‘militia’ dudes... :lol: ...but now we KNOW...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

One of our car shoots ...
https://leverguns.com/car/carshoot.htm

I shot through 2 cars (at different times) using the 12 ga. double and a .720" diameter round ball cast of wheelweights. Neither time did the ball stop in the car, no matter the angle I shot. It would smack in, hit something and come out and keep going. I had them loaded at 1400 fps.
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

Good clean fun! We put an old AMC eagle out in the corner of a friends field to use a subject for "ballistic studies". When it got to being too shredded we put it on a flatbed and took it to the junkyard. We figured we would give the scrapper a start but old Julio just looked over his newspaper and says "You boys had yer selves a car shoot, eh?'

Eric
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

i remember testing buckshot and 22Lr on various car steel . 00 and all buck sizes to about #2buck beat the 22Lr, but 22Lr beat # 3 and #4 buck. And a 12 ga slug does a lot better than OO buck :D . That same day I learnt dont shoot winchester rifled 12g slugs into hardwood trees at 20ft. It knocked off a bit of bark and I heard a humming buzz as something came back past my ear,- whether the slug, or wad, I got no idea. But last time I tried that.