covid

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JNG
Levergunner 2.0

covid

Post by JNG »

Just a thought. Covid is terrible, but my wife"s family had no issues with with the The Spanish Flu, as is now days. Nada.
My family, had no issue with it, and they are from eastern Europe.
Now that I posted this, family will get.
I have not have flu vac since 1973, never caught it. But the Black Plague vac kick my butt. Thank you U.S. Navy
Not a Doc, but think about it.

Joe
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: covid

Post by AJMD429 »

Quite a few things like that we have observed.

Lots of genetic variation in the immune system - all branches, not just the antibody-formation branch (the one everyone is obsessed with regarding cover).

Also families probably tend to have similar dietary habits and may thus have better or worse levels of vitamin D and zinc than other families.

And people who live in the same household would drink the same well water perhaps, or even in the same neighborhood. Soils in some areas have higher levels of arsenic, for instance (usually regarded as a bad thing, but as an example of a medically-significant regional variation).

Hopefully you didn't jinx yourself by mentioning it ... :D

If you haven't read my post on the ivermectin 'update' you might find that interesting. We are using it in our household and many patients are wanting to try it as well.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I'd try it. If you will prescribe it for me.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

As I’ve mentioned Spanish Flu killed my paternal grandfather. Not giving this any bigger chance than I have too.

Make your choice and live or die with it. I will weep no more or less for you. But should you become incapacitated don’t expect any sympathy. Life’s a crapshoot, you choose how and when to roll the dice.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

How much of CoVid is really Influenza we will never know...

> https://justthenews.com/politics-policy ... even-covid

...the good news is that the same medications tend to help the entire SARS/corona family of viruses, and even overlap into the influenzas as well.
Grizz wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:42 amI'd try it. If you will prescribe it for me.
My insurance carrier would flip out and dump me the instant I "prescribed medication or other treatment for anyone who has not established a legitimate and documented patient-doctor relationship the prescriber", and unless you get expensive insurance riders, the latter requires "documentation of appointments, creation of charts with patient-specific documentation, and evidence of intent for ongoing care within the scope of practice of the prescriber".

However, I can tell you what you've already read in the news; that many people are using the ivermectin sold for use in livestock at feed and farm stores. It says right on the label "Not recommend for use in humans", but that isn't stopping them. I wouldn't advise a patient to use 'livestock' medicine for legal reasons, but for myself, since our pharmacy was out of the pills for people, and I had a patient in desperate need, I gave that patient my own prescription pills, and have been using less than half a teaspoonful of the 1% livestock injection once a week but just taking it orally. I'm confident it will work as well as the human form (and it doesn't even taste bad), plus since it is normally used for horses, I will have another excuse to be a horses-azz... :D

Since it might be sold in other forms and strengths, and is dosed based on weight in kilograms in people but pounds in horses, if you go that route you should show the actual bottle to a friend who is a nurse or pharmacist or physician or veterinarian, and make sure you don't overdose; it is easy with medication calculations to accidentally be off by a factor of a hundred-fold (or more), and there aren't ANY medications that a hundred-fold excess dose is going to be safe...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

that makes sense.

anyway, what do you think is a good daily zinc supplement quantity? Thanks!