got virus? virii? wide angle view

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

got virus? virii? wide angle view

Post by Grizz »

found on the limitless and never wrong internet . . . :roll:

however, there may be a point to the quote after all . . .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Re: got virus? virii? wide angle view

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

if it was going to wipe out 10% , fine. But 1% we should have rode it out, because our kids get a bill now with great depression stamped on it. We got no problem sending kids into warzones whenever we need them. When it was out turn to step up we scuttled economies to save our hides. Biggest boondoggle in history and history is going to judge.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Masks right or wrong? I don’t know. What I do know is quarantining works for infectious diseases. Masks do help “reduce” the spread of diseases. Washing hands and cleaning surfaces does reduce the spread of diseases. All of these are tried and true first steps taken by ever hospital in the US. BECAUSE THEY WORK!

Yea, masks aren’t comfortable and they don’t keep you from getting a virus. They protect others. Quarantines suck but they protect both sides of the transmission equation. And cleanliness is, as they say, next to Godliness for a very good reason.

Any question regarding using these three methods to slow a viruses progression was settled over a hundred years ago in the Spanish Flu epidemic. It killed my grandfather. It would be silly to have his grandson die from another virus because people failed to learn from history.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

lack of impact in the 160 non 1st world countries after almost a year proves even in populations with no social distancing, poor hygiene, low immunities etc this is no spanish flu. its 50x less. I am for folks doing whatever they personally want to stay safe, but wiping small business and over writing constitutions over something that kills about the same as diaorhea globally...not so much.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

And the above is why things continue to escalate. Initially, fear drove folks to comply. But, since initial efforts were reasonably effective folks figured they could begin ignoring instructions. Now unless every hospital in the US is in on the conspiracy, we are seeing a measurable increase in hospitalizations and death.

Do what you want. You will regardless of how it adversely affects others. The steps recommended are simple, easy and considerate of others.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

https://www.inverse.com/mind-body/marin ... read-study

these are results of a strict study of the efficacy of both masks and social distancing protocols.

the infection rate for the strict observers was 2%, the same as for the control group.

IOW, masks do not prevent anyone from either giving or receiving the virus.

even though it is so much more blessed to give than to receive... but I digress.

ask yourself a question about what you can smell when you are wearing a mask.
cigaret smoke? wood stove from the neighbor's house? diesel exhaust from the truck in front of you at a long stoplight?

I propose that IF YOU CAN SMELL ANYTHING when you are wearing a mask, THEN YOU CAN ACQUIRE A VIRUS OR TRANSMIT ONE. The virii are MUCH MUCH SMALLER than smoke particles, or anything else you can smell.

So, in conclusion, I submit that masks and masking, the whole stinking phenomenon, DOES NOT PASS THE SMELL TEST.

I further propose that the masking is masking the sick, and because they believe that the mask protects others, they are willing to go out in public because they believe a lie, and they don't actually care one whit for others, as long as they get what they want. The correlation between shutdowns, masks, and virus spikes supports the view that masked sick people are distributing the virus.
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

As long as people understand the price. These closures, stimulus packs and hand-outs are all paid for with future inflation, and its the next generation paying. And its not just money, a depression can kill a lot more than this virus does.
Last edited by mickbr on Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

Sorry for hijacking your thread Grizz. Im sticking to gun subjects again
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I’m at the point where I don’t care what others do. If you’re an adult make your choice and live or die with it.

I’m still fairly young. I retired earlier this year. My choice is to hibernate and let this pass me by. I will take the shot when available. I figure these steps give “ME” the best chance of coming out on the back side of this.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

mickbr wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:19 am Sorry for hijacking your thread Grizz. Im sticking to gun subjects again
you didn't hijack it, and I welcome the input, and agree with your POV...

Ray, do you remember the early days and all we heard was about the overfull hospital beds, NYC was going out of their minds with fear. Presidente Trump sent in TWO hospital ships to relieve the hospitals. The hospital ships eventually left because of a lack of customers... in other words, what's reported by propaganda organizations should be mercilessly quarantined. Even photos of crowded conditions are trivial to photoshop, and no one can disprove them.

I'm not saying that people are not getting sick, but who gets the credit for hospitals folding and going out of business?

and all the records of the kill rate of the woohaan are completely overstuffed with fake numbers. in America, with lying stats, the last info I read was that 99.7 % of the healthy population survive the virus, AND 99% of the remaining population survive it... that was from late summer I think. don't know what the currentest most recentest stats are, but I bet that they are corrupted by comorbidities. One brilliant eastern U.S. governor or mayor bragged that "they had not had even one case of the flu this year". makes me proud to be an American, but I'll be glad when the corruption is purged.

also, someone posited that the adverse consequences of the lockdown exceed the mortality of the whuhaan. you know, family matters, child abuse, wife abuse, husband abuse, suicides caused by the shutdowns, financial failures of businesses, people losing their homes and living on the street, because of the shutdowns. there are already studies being undertaken for the court cases that will be an endless reaction to the riots and other criminal excesses, and the pussification of the law "enforcement" agencies that are transformed into co-conspiritors with the rioters, protecting them and arresting anyone who opposes the riots. all of this and more can be laid at the threshhold of the perpetrators, the govenors, the mayors, the town councils, the "health" agencies, the marxist funders and directors of the present dangers, all of this aided and abetted by politicians of the ilk that freely trample the freedoms of the free by use of the usurpers of our way of life.

they are greasing the skids, I can see it coming..
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

Grizz, also when you consider how many folks get diagnosed with cancer per year -about 1.8 million and how many die from it- about 600,000, how much did the survival rate shift with folks scared to leave their homes and get to the hospital. I guarantee this was not a great year for 'early detection'.