Hey 6pt

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Hey 6pt

Post by GunnyMack »

You may or may not be interested in this-

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... =101572245
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Hey 6pt

Post by 6pt-sika »

Thanks for the link ! Merry Christmas 🎄
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sure thing & Merry Christmas!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I did a kind of tower shoot last Saturday for pheasents partridge and pigeons in WVA . This was my first time at this place , their birds are high high . I had a Parker VH 12 30” F&F shooting #6’s 1 1/8 and 1 1/4 loads . Made some good shots but some I hesitated to try . There’s another at this place in mid January if I’m able to go I think I’m going to take Brutus (my 8 gauge) with some 1 3/4 ounce loads of #4’s and #6’s . A friend is loaning me his sporting clays shotgun cart so I thought I’d take the 8 with two boxes of shells and my 12 gauge with a couple boxes of shells . Picture or so from WVA . Last picture are the pheasents and partridges I brought home .
F9733D26-0195-42CE-8118-F7CBF56A0852.jpeg
ABD51E02-988E-4697-96BD-F37DAF163A35.jpeg
73F4784A-DC79-450A-B6A3-44EEF49675A8.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Sorry the picture selection doesn’t show much but I’d deleted all the rest from my phone .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Tha 8 for birds- guaranteed you will be the only guy there with one!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:27 pm Tha 8 for birds- guaranteed you will be the only guy there with one!
I had some honest to God 60 plus yard shots at birds flying straight over . In my little bit of tower shooting these are as close to the Euro stuff on YouTube as I’ve seen so far in my limited experience. I wanna try and knock a few down with Brutus just because I can’t find anything in WVA regs that says it’s illegal .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Incidentally this place has pigeon box bird shoots as well as columbaire (where the guy trys to throw the bird out of the ring from you). I am hoping to get in on one of each of these next year ! Then the only thing on my competitive shotgun shooting list I’ll not have atleast tried will be bunker trap .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well come on up to Ontelaunee and we can get you all the bunker targets ya want! :D
Ontelaunee.org, schedule is not finalized for 21 yet.
Then ya need to try Helice, locally known as ZZ birds. Simulates live pigeon shooting.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:18 am Well come on up to Ontelaunee and we can get you all the bunker targets ya want! :D
Ontelaunee.org, schedule is not finalized for 21 yet.
Then ya need to try Helice, locally known as ZZ birds. Simulates live pigeon shooting.
I’m trying to strike a deal with a guy on a Parker DH 12 gauge 32” F&F with trap dimensions that left the factory without a safety . Pretty sure it was built as a pigeon gun , I think it still oughtta work for pigeons even though the first barrel will be tighter than what most shoot now . Oughtta also work for sporting and tower shoots .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Got her done on the Parker DH 12 gauge 32” F&F 2 frame that left the factory without a safety . Need to send funds to them Saturday or Monday and hopefully the gun will get to me by mid January . It was made in 1899 drop at comb is 1 3/4 and at the heal 2 5/8 I wanted a little higher but this hopefully will be okay .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Seems like quite a bit of drop for what obviously left the factory as a trap gun!

I've been looking for a 20 double, not a whole lot on the market for new stuff- although the Fabarms Autum looks appealing. As for used I find the Parker's and Fox's just don't fit me.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:12 am Seems like quite a bit of drop for what obviously left the factory as a trap gun!

I've been looking for a 20 double, not a whole lot on the market for new stuff- although the Fabarms Autum looks appealing. As for used I find the Parker's and Fox's just don't fit me.
Yeah I thought that as well , but I’d call it a pigeon gun I’m not sure trap was a recognized thing in 1899 . I wanted something along these lines for the gosh awful high tower shoot in WVA . I’ve been trying REALLY hard to acquire a Parker VHE , GHE or DHE 20 gauge with 30 or possibly 32 inch barrels but to no avail I’ve come up a bid short on a very nice DHE 30” at the last Poulins auction and I went about a grand more than I initially intended . Also missed out on a couple VHE’s that were 30 and 32 inch in private forum sales because I drug my feet and hoped to make an offer later . May not get a longer barreled Parker 20 and most assuredly not a Parker linger barreled 28 but I suppose there are bigger tragedies in the world :lol:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Incidentally one of my buddies that’s deeper into Parker’s than I , acquired a pair of Parker VHE 20 gauge 1 frame guns with 32” F&F barrels that have factory 2 7/8” chambers . As a rule Parker cut chambers about an eighth of an inch under the length of the fired shell . Hence these would be considered 3” duck guns . Been trying to pry one of them away from him to no avail , he uses them for sporting events etc and wants two so he has a back up .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Can't blame a guy for wanting a backup gun- provided the dimensions are what ya can shoot!
Last fall I bought a Perazzi Comp 1 , it had a burst barrel. I got it CHEAP! Found a set of replacement barrels & got them fit. Now I need to get wood .

Sounds like you need my bunker gun, slip in the Perazzi #8 tube in the bottom and the .043 constriction top would handily reach out on those long birds!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:32 am Can't blame a guy for wanting a backup gun- provided the dimensions are what ya can shoot!
Last fall I bought a Perazzi Comp 1 , it had a burst barrel. I got it CHEAP! Found a set of replacement barrels & got them fit. Now I need to get wood .

Sounds like you need my bunker gun, slip in the Perazzi #8 tube in the bottom and the .043 constriction top would handily reach out on those long birds!
This thing I just bought if it fits well enough will be used for sporting , tower shoots , box birds and colombaire .