First post

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

First post

Post by Oldncrusty »

Howdy folks and a very merry Christmas. I've had leveritis ever since shooting a buddy's Browning BL22 in high school, but it took many years to get my first. I now am a wannabe collector who finds CAS interesting, but no idea where to try it out. Just snagged me my first 1873 in
38, and am itching to get it range ready. Deer season just went by, but next year! My current lever crop is as follows
Win.-
1 1873 (1889) 38-40
3 1894 '(38, '47, '52)
1 94/22 mag. (72)
Marlin
1891 (1892) in .32
336 Texan
39a ('75)
I think I hear some clattering on the roof. Better put out the milk and cookies.

More power to ya!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: First post

Post by Old Savage »

Welcome, you are in good company. I would like to see pictures of the 47' Model 94 if you can.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yeee-Haa...! Sounds like you got some fun leverguns.

Welcome to Bolt-Actions Anonymous... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

Old Savage wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:41 pm Welcome, you are in good company. I would like to see pictures of the 47' Model 94 if you can.
Thankee. I'll see if I can find some directions. If not, it's a flatband, with the barrel mounted Redfield IER outfit from the early 60s.
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

AJMD429 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:02 am Yeee-Haa...! Sounds like you got some fun leverguns.

Welcome to Bolt-Actions Anonymous... :D
Thanks. I can admit I am a former BA snob. Grew up reading FieldnStream, and Outdoor Life.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Welcome to the fire, with a handle like Oldncrusty you will fit in well with this crowd..Merry Christmas to you and yours... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Image and Welcome to THE Forum!

As for CAS: Here ya go - Cowboy Action Venues. And you can find fairly accurate contact info @ : Club Resources.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Merry Christmas 'Crusty, and welcome to the hearth this holiday! You have some esoteric cartridges there, I like it. I'm guessing you "roll your own" and not factory ammo? Seems the latter if you could even find it, would be quite expensive. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Hot diggity another Marlin 32 shooter. Welcome. Mine is a Marlin 1892 in 32 and I have a blast with that. What are you loading in that Marlin?
In all fairness though I have to warn you to keep a firm hand on your wallet as this is the biggest group of enablers on the web. If you ask should I buy this one or that one the most common response is gonna be BOTH.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

Sorry folks for getting sidetracked. In the interest of space, I would like to thank all the above for the kind welcome. Looking forward to learning a bunch here and hope that I might be able to pass on some of what little I know. Have a healthy 2021!
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

CowboyTutt wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:53 pm Merry Christmas 'Crusty, and welcome to the hearth this holiday! You have some esoteric cartridges there, I like it. I'm guessing you "roll your own" and not factory ammo? Seems the latter if you could even find it, would be quite expensive. -Tutt
Still limited to factory stuff so far. Yes to expensive. I paid $1 per round several years ago for .32 Short Colt. That's kind of cheap these days though. The seller of my 73 gave me a good deal on his full box of Winchester 38-40 for 40$. Working on a trade for another box. So I shoot very little. I own nearly everything I need to get back into reloading and have resolved to do so soon.
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

fordwannabe wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:42 am Hot diggity another Marlin 32 shooter. Welcome. Mine is a Marlin 1892 in 32 and I have a blast with that. What are you loading in that Marlin?
In all fairness though I have to warn you to keep a firm hand on your wallet as this is the biggest group of enablers on the web. If you ask should I buy this one or that one the most common response is gonna be BOTH.
Glad to meet ya. Still stuck with factory stuff for mine, and it's in safe queen condition , so it doesn't see much action. Shame on me. I found a box of Navy Arms 32 rimfire first and fired a few of those, then bought a CF pin from Wisners and had that installed. Found 100 rounds of Rem. Short Colt on another forum and shot maybe 10 rds. Thanks for the enabling warning! However, I dont think I can be enabled any more than I already am. Lol.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Welcome aboard. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

Pitchy wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:10 pm Welcome aboard. :)
Thanks!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Welcome from the North Coast of America...(Ohio)..... :lol: .
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

.45colt wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:24 pm Welcome from the North Coast of America...(Ohio)..... :lol: .
Thanks for the welcome. And for sending our first white Christmas in 15 years down here to the South Coast. (KY)
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

The best part of it is that We got the cold and a bunch of snow for Christmas , today it is windy and warm and some will melt off before the next storm later this week.
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

Looking like I'll be knee deep in mud here for a while. But warm, so maybe I can find some shrooms to eat.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Welcome from windy Wyoming!!
Looks like you have a nice selection Lever Guns

ollogger