Who has?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Who has?

Post by ollogger »

So who on here that has a Rossi or 2 also Owns a $60,000 pickup & takes exotic vacations around the world?

I have two Rossi model 92 & a clone colt Uberti, four pickups that wouldn't make $35,000 combined
& the last time i was out of the USA was in 1980 in Ontario Canada bear hunting
with my 300 Savage

Brad
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Who has?

Post by piller »

I have a Rossi in .480 Ruger. I bought it for the caliber. So far it has not given any trouble. I drive a Camry. It is exactly what I wanted.
I think he was just going a little overboard to illustrate a point. I think.
Seems to me that we may squabble some, but I would happily sit down over a cup of coffee with anyone on this forum.
Brad, if you ever get to the Dallas area, let me know. I will do my best to find time to make a visit. No promises due to work schedule other than I will try my best.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Both my wife and my daily's areb7 years old. My Jeep is 17 years old. My house is something most couples wouldn't want as a camp, let alone raising 3 boys in.
I only have traveled in the last few years. Our youngest son and his wife are USCG and we travel to visit.
I have one Rossi 20" src 357.

Feels like an RA meeting. (Rossi's Anonymous :D )
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I drive a Subaru as the last Jeep I had was a total P.O.S. and Jeep laughed in My face even under warranty.... :twisted: NEVER AGAIN.. My house is like the average deer camp , the last time We left the country in 2014 We went on a week long cruise in the Caribbean. I've cut meat for 48 years , only work one day a week now since I retired.
We have 2 Rossi's a .357 short rifle and a 44-40 24" . both slick and shoot where I want them. they may not be perfect or wonderful examples but if I drop one in the mud no tears. Happy Holidays to All. :D .
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I have a $17,000 Jeep, was out of the country once for a couple hours in Tijuana. I think that was a dog hanging in back of the Mexican restaurant, didn't stay. I have two Rossis, 357 Trapper and 45 Colt.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I have a $17,000 Jeep, was out of the country once for a couple hours in Tijuana. I think that was a dog hanging in back of the Mexican restaurant, didn't stay. I have two Rossis, 357 Trapper and 45 Colt. Oh, and clones by Uberti, Taurus, Pietta along with some Colts and Winchesters.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I have no Rossi’s although I had a Puma 480 Ruger once , bought it new and traded it off unfired . I’d had a local dealer order it for me so I felt I was obligated to take it . My trucks 17 years old and that’s my only vehicle for highway travel . I leave the country once each year (except 2020) to see my wife daughter and grandson for a month . Our shack in the USA is actually pretty nice my father drew the plans for it and built it thirtyfive years ago . My taste in firearms some might say runs on the pricey side . But it is what it is , again you buy what you like because I sure will .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

i have a rossi 92 in .357 magnum, and drive a '19' nissan frontier 4x4
Last edited by rossim92 on Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I have Rossi 92s in .357 (Jim Taylor's old gun), .44 magnum and a very old one in .45 Colt. I drive a Jeep and it has been a while since I was out of the country. Most of my trips abroad were paid for by Uncle Sam.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I sold my S/S Rossi, sold my old truck and after visiting the USA nowhere else on the planet holds any interest for me now....🌵
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

3 Marlins and a Jeep, never traveled abroad 'cept for carribean honeymoon 31 yrs. ago, haven't seen all this country yet, no need to see someone else's.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

3 Rossis,, and 3 pickups that combined don't equal... wait, yes I would take $60K for any one of them... And I took a vacation to an exotic land this summer... California! As much as I enjoyed visiting... I probably won't be going back!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

:D I think the stereotypic ghetto-dude with the Cadillac that costs more than the house he rents was worth back when it was new is just another version of many of us...dude knows what he likes, and puts his money there.

I knew guys in college with $75.00 vehicles and $7,500 sound systems in their $200/month apartments.

I know guys now whose gun collection is worth more than their house. Others own, and even hunt with, cheap guns that we wouldn’t take for free, but their hobby-car stable has several vintage Mustangs and in one case a Duesenberg...!

It just depends on what you like, and the nature of the ‘return’ you expect for your investment.

My most expensive firearm is my $2,500 or so BHA-89 Levergun, but I like my $250 Rossi leverguns and have just as much fun with them. I have some beautiful ‘vintage’ guns (bought from guys on this forum in a couple of cases) that will retain value better than either the BHA (it didn’t ‘win the west’) or the Rossi (‘just a copy’), but I can push 3,700 ft-lbs out of the BHA, and take the Rossi out in the canoe and get sand in it and ding it up - or experiment drilling and tapping it to put on a holosight... I definitely wouldn’t want to do those things with a 100 year old Winchester...! They ALL have a purpose and some of us are interested in different ‘purposes’ for our guns; nothing wrong with that...

The most expensive vehicle I’ve ever owned is my John Deere 2520 if you count the accessories. I usually keep my automobiles until mice eat so much of the wiring that nothing works anymore. :|

My dream vacation wouldn’t take me anywhere I couldn’t lawfully carry a concealed handgun and have a semiauto rifle in my vehicle.

I’m just a hillbilly who happened to learn to read when I was young and managed to get a bunch of education before it became unaffordable and politically-correct nonsense.

And I like guns better than cars or fancy vacations or fancy houses... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I am out of Rossis currently, but would love to remedy that in the near future. My Ram is worth about $18K. Last out-of-country was fly-fishing on Vancouver Island about eight years ago. Next one might be to see a dentist in Palomas, Chihuahua -- across the border from Columbus, NM -- for a crown, as my dentist here just quoted me $2,000 and I am on Social Security. :o
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Can I ask: what's your point?

jb
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

I drive a 19 year old truck with 179,000 mile's on it. I live in southern costal Maine. For a vacation I travel up the coast to area's of Maine that I haven't been. If I want mountain's I head northwest and I'm in the beautiful White mountain's of western Maine and eastern New Hampshire. I like old Winchester's and Marlin's! I do enjoy shooting older Remington shotgun's. If it was not for my bad back I would do a lot more! The wife and I are pretty simple people who grew up on Long Island, N.Y. When I was a kid it was a great place! I spent a lot of time with my great uncle John who was a clammer. He taught me to fish, crab, clam and enjoy the outdoors's! I think I was 5 year's old and working Uncle John bull rake in about 8 feet of water. I pulled up 3 beautiful littleneck's! Good memory's of those day's! Long Island was destroyed by being to close to New York City! Crime and illegal immigration were a few factor's as to why I left! Most of the people in the town that I grew up in don't speak English! I left a few time's to try out different state's and came back to N.Y.. Mostly because of family. Then 911 happened, that was it for me! I'm out never to live there again. Maine is a nice place to live, but the cold is hard on my bad back. We lived in Gettysburg, Pa. for a few year's and probably should have stayed there. Winter's are not to bad, summer's are very hot! The people are very nice. Lot's of friend's I'm still in contact with. We all have a love of American history. What better place for someone to live how has a life long interest in the civil war! Anyway gentleman now you know a little more about me! I hope I didn't bore anybody! I still have to get on the roof to shovel snow from yesterday's storm. We got about 16 inches' of powdery snow.
Enjoy your weekend and Merry Christmas!
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

2ndovc wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:12 am Can I ask: what's your point?

jb
You would have to go to Winchester vs Winchester vs Winchester

Brad
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Piller thanks for the invite to Texas to look you up

JOG, Maine & NH is two places i would love to see, maybe some day on a old geezer bus tour
in the fall

I forgot back in the 70s i spent 5 months in Alaska

Brad
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

ollogger wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:15 pm

jb

Brad
Looks to me like you just want to dump on someone for being successful.

Jason

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Not me! I'm still driving my '69 Suburban and we just fit together fine. I could buy a new truck, but not sure how I'd feel driving it? Could buy a Rossi too, but not sure how I'd feel owning that either? Kinda stuck on old stuff.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

2ndovc wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:06 pm

jb

Brad

Jason
Dump on some one for being successful ? how about a blow hard that pats him self on the back & runs every one else down, dont tell me you missed that!!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

ollogger wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:13 pm
2ndovc wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:06 pm

jb

Brad

Jason
Dump on some one for being successful ? how about a blow hard that pats him self on the back & runs every one else down, dont tell me you missed that!!
I assume you're talking about Steve, but all of his posts in that thread have been deleted. I have no love for the guy, he's been condescending to me more than once and tried to prove me wrong on another, but couldn't do it. His opinions my Zero in my world.
I purposely didn't read that thread because it was obvious where it was going to go from the premise. It just strikes me that some of the guys around here are ready to pounce over very little on some occasions, and as you point out, some can come across as a real tool and not realize it.

Jason

ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

2ndovc No was not pointing at Steve, not going to mention names because i didn't figure i had to

Brad
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

All good

jb

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Olloger
I don't blow down an individual for how he spends his money, that's their business....I tell it like it is....Rossi's are junk, plain and simple. They are the worst piece of garbage that ever hit the market, next to Ravens and Bersas. Like I said earlier, good gunshops won't handle them because of the customer complaints...

There are cottage industries that make their living on getting Rossi's to work...yes, "work" and they usually take the step further to enhance them, if that's possible. I'm glad for our very own Steve to make a living from this but Steve aside, it should not have to be this way.

The reason Rossi is still in business is because they know there's enough people out there who will keep buying them because they are cheap......

That's all fine and dandy and like I said earlier, it's non of my business how people spend their money, but it is my business and duty as an American to point out deficiencies of foreign made junk that comes into the greatest nation in the world. It's the same as letting unskilled unpatriotic foreigners to infiltrate our society and then making me and you to pay for their living expenses....it's called "polluting the gene pool" and in the case of Rossi's, it's called "polluting the American gun industry"....and OUR jobs.

If a foreign product is good, whether it's a gun, tractor or whatever...fine..it's good competition for our industries and makes our industry strive for perfection.....if it's junk, it needs to stay where they are which is junkland.-----006
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well that's just nonsense. I have a couple of good Rossis. But for an honest comparison I am going to need you to send me a Winchester 92 Trapper in 357 and another 20" Winchester in 45 Colt.

ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Jack , with my seance of humor i had to see how many guys were kind of average like me
some have a Rossi, none have a $60,000 pickup & few have traveled over seas
I agree on alot of the foreign junk that gets in the USA it should stay at home , if Trump doesn't
get in we all better start practicing using chop sticks

Brad
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Rossi's are hit and miss with quality control. Everyone knows this. Why the big issue? Some work great, some don't? Most Rossi's work great in the "standard calibers" that I think Old Savage would refer too. My 454 Puma had some good parts in it as delivered. Nice wood, good barrel. But as the 454 Casull cartridge stresses the '92 action to the limits of what it was designed to do in the model '92 design, more quality control was needed. The matching up of other parts not so good. Needed a lot of work from McPherson to make it right. Where Rossi suffers is in quality control. Its really hit and miss. As to whether you want to spend 60K on a truck or 60K on an original levergun, that's your business. To each their own. I'm Ukrainian American and I travel to Ukraine every year except this last one last summer to visit friends because of the China virus. I would live there if I could. What the Heck does that have to do with leverguns? Who made anyone keeper of how other people spend their money?
-Tutt
Last edited by CowboyTutt on Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I didn't say they ALL are junk...speaking in generalizations .....it's absurd to think I mean ALL of them no matter what I wrote....but it is sizable...if enough people complained maybe they would change their tune like Uberti did.

Two summers ago the "other Gunny" stopped over with his 30" barreled 44 1873 Uberti....it was finely finished and I asked him why he was here with it....the leaf spring that holds the lifter up was snapped.....after getting the parts and fixing it for him I told him I loved him like a brother but don't bring it back to me anymore as I read him the riot act when he bought it. So what's he do, he buys a Taurus Gaucho....or however you spell that name.....over a Ruger because he saved like $75 and that one was OK mechanically but at best was a 4" gun at 25 yards.....we eventually got it to 3", but we are both semi old so maybe it was our eyes.

There is zero reason for any new gun from any manufacturer to have issues...stiffness and gritty, I understand but certainly not mismatched illfitted parts, bad hardening on sears/notches etc.

Like Steve, I'm done with this issue on imported guns.....let the buyer beware.
Model A Uzi’s
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Like Steve, I'm done with this issue on ... er beware.

Six, you are still my good friend and my Brother. Let the buyer beware in all purchases, but that is just plain common sense. I just recently had my Ford Ranger truck die that I bought off of a Church member with 280 thousand miles on it. It barely got me home on its last trip from work 35 miles away. I was stranded at home for a couple of days trying to find a new (used vehicle) to me. Thankfully, God came through and gave me a really nice Grand Cherokee Limited. Us as buyers have to beware, that's all there is to it. Rossies are spotty to be sure. But most of the time, they work in common calibers OK. In the 454 Casull or 480 (not sure they even make that one anymore but doubt it), you are playing with fire there and they will need some work to survive. Just ask Nate Jones. But I would agree with you, Rossie quality control has historically been very "iffy" and may not be worth the price. -A-
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I hear ya Tutt...I agree...

I'm not trying to take the moral high road here. Like many of us here, it's a joke to rip down most any model Winchester and diagnose the issue, then if it's a simple parts change we can do it....this is where the problems comes in and why I'm not trying to take the moral high road......most Rossi's are bought by gun people but not die hard gun people so they either take them back to the dealer, send em back to the factory or pay a Smith to work on them....THAT AINT RIGHT.....you know that feeling when you come home from work and you have to cut the grass and the lawn mower won't work or your wife tells you the washing machine is leaking water? Well, I can usually get most anything up and running but it's still a empty stomach feeling along with instant aggravation......no one deserves that on a decent product they have and especially do not deserve that on a NEW item.

Rossi knows this and for years has refused to address the problem. ...my personal answer to a person/company who continues to perform badly is this....YOUR EITHER STUPID OR YOU DONT GIVE A F.....WHICH ONE IS IT?..as it has to be one or the other.

So I ask that to Rossi......well, they are not stupid so that tells me they don't give a F.......so I'll F em every chance I get in any way I can and if enough people thought the same way maybe their quality control would improve.

Good night my friend......-----6
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Guess I have been lucky but I have only had three. Like this one, is a Ruger a clone, just wondering.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

All foreign built firearms are not junk. Huge number of Italian makers that build great guns, but a few Italian makers have less than perfect records. Some Czech, Hungarian, and Turkish made guns that are a mix between fantastic, and spotty quality.
For me it's not a case of whether they're US made or imports. It's a case of which companies build good firearms, and which build cheap junk.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I don't drive a high dollar pickup and shoot a junker. I have a '05 Tacoma I bought new and shoot a '96 Puma in 44 Magnum. Once I started casting (sizing) for the rifle on my own and started using 89 Octane in the Tacoma, I have had zero problems with both and each has been fun and served me quite well...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

ollogger wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:23 pm Piller thanks for the invite to Texas to look you up

JOG, Maine & NH is two places i would love to see, maybe some day on a old geezer bus tour
in the fall

I forgot back in the 70s i spent 5 months in Alaska

Brad
New Hampshire and Maine are beautiful state's! heavily forested with lot's of beautiful lake's and stream's! Good fishing and wildlife is everywhere. It's nice to look up in the sky and see a bald eagle flying high! If I look hard on any given day I could spot one.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

marlinman93 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:27 am All foreign built firearms are not junk. Huge number of Italian makers that build great guns, but a few Italian makers have less than perfect records.
You are certainly correct ! The Holland’s , Purdey’s , Boss’s , Scott’s , Greeners and Richards from the UK are very serviceable shotguns . The German firm of Krieghoff makes an excellent rendition of the Remington Model 32 shotgun which they now call a K-80 (and yes I’d love to have a sparkling new K-80) . There’s even a couple Italian companies I like Fabbri and Perazzi . Now this is kind of me being a smart butt . But these are all very nice shotgun manufacturers . Granted as to the Brit guns I’d rather any I owned from the makers mentioned were pre WWII . But as to the German and Italian guns new or used is fine with me .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Gosh I love this place. Learned a few things.
Y'all like Jeeps. Some don't
Y'all hate import 92's Some don't
Don't set 6gun off. Some do anyway.

But we all fuss at each other without name callin. Directly.Mostly.
Reminds me of family.
I'll be back. :D :D
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Jeeps are great! Leverguns are great! Let the buyer spend his money any way he wants, free country! No reason at all to belittle anyone for how they spend their hard earned money!! Stop complaining and post more shooting videos!! Hope to have more soon. Even bought new cowboy hat for you guys, just in case! Sincerely, -Tutt

Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

I have a 1948 CJ-3b Willis, a 1976 Jeep CJ5 and a 2017 Wrangler with 160,000 miles on it. I'm Jeep poor!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:45 pm I have a 1948 CJ-3b Willis, a 1976 Jeep CJ5 and a 2017 Wrangler with 160,000 miles on it. I'm Jeep poor!
We like em too Scott....a '89 Islander in the garage (not on the road but runs great) my orange Rubicon, the wife's JK and my daughters JL. My son has a JL with about 6 million dollar in accessories. :D and his daughter has a JL, all stock....my sister has a Jk Sahara and an old CJ that's not running....there's another 3 or 4 in the family.....

You can't hurt these...they run and run with nothing more than regular maintenance......living a few miles from Quadratec helps........the old YJ has 160K and the others have a combined mileage of around 60K
Last edited by Sixgun on Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I got no beef with Rossi's. I don't own one, but whatever.

Neither do I have an issue with any fella that wants to travel far and or away to see things he has not seen before.

That said, unless you're cruisin' around in a rig like Griff's, there simply is no truck worth $60,000.

There just ain't.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

There will be a time when you cannot buy a new pickup for less than $60,000. And I fear that it won't be long now.