RIP Charly Pride

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
piller
Posting leader...

RIP Charly Pride

Post by piller »

Charly Pride passed away 12/12/2020. A genuinely nice guy and a great singer. I met him a couple of times for a minute or two. Spoke to his daughter Angela a few times. She got him to autograph a CD for my Wife. PillHer's favorite song of his is Burgers and Fries.
Country music has lost one of the greatest singers ever. Prayers up for his family.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: RIP Charly Pride

Post by .45colt »

Sad news for sure. I liked a lot of His music. :( .
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

One of the greats...RIP.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Def. one of the greats. RIP Mr. Pride.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

A very long and successful life, with a lot of great music!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

He had a great sense of humor too, and didn't take himself too seriously. A very humble, kind and gracious man. We lost a good one.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Darn I liked his music !

He passed on my pops 85th birthday .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

My Dad was a country boy from Kansas who really liked country music. Hank Williams Sr., Roy Clark, Buck Owens, HeeHaw, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, Glen Campbell (boy, that guy had amazing talent like Roy!), Patsy Cline, Chet Atkins, and Charley Pride.

I was listening to a country music station in my new (to me) used Grand Cherokee last week and once again, I didn't even recognize the sound. It was more what we used to call "Country Rock" and in fact was all over the musical spectrum from blues to an almost jazz sound. My musical tastes are all over the spectrum including a lot of Ukrainian folk, classic romance folk music and rock plus still some American stuff. No Rap is the only rule although there is some Christian Rap apparently. Lord, does that social group need it.

But I regret the death of any of these fine country music singers that I grew up with through my Dad even if during my youth I didn't embrace it so much. Rest in Peace Mr. Pride. You gave a lot of people a whole lot of joy including my Dad. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I grew up listening to Charlie Pride, Johnny Cash, Porter Wagoner, and all of the old country singers. I have see Charlie Pride in concert, years ago. May he rest in piece.

I don't listen to the radio much anymore, as I really don't like the New Country, and I can't stand rock or rap, any of stuff.
NRA Life Member, Patron
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Lastmohecken wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:58 am I grew up listening to Charlie Pride, Johnny Cash, Porter Wagoner, and all of the old country singers. I have see Charlie Pride in concert, years ago. May he rest in piece.

I don't listen to the radio much anymore, as I really don't like the New Country, and I can't stand rock or rap, any of stuff.
Rock n Rolls fine it’s just needs to be atleast thirtyfive years old LOL’s .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

6pt-sika wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:29 pm
Lastmohecken wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:58 am I grew up listening to Charlie Pride, Johnny Cash, Porter Wagoner, and all of the old country singers. I have see Charlie Pride in concert, years ago. May he rest in piece.

Rock n Rolls fine it’s just needs to be atleast thirtyfive years old LOL’s .
No, it needs to be at least 50 years old! Buddy Holly, or at least Credence Clearwater. :D
NRA Life Member, Patron
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I don't remember a Country song since Don't Go Falling In Love As She's Walking Away that I have liked. I like a pretty wide variety of music, but most Country Music currently made just sounds like a Frat Boy is trying to sing about life on the farm when he does not know a disc from a harrow or a chisel from a Heston.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost