Social Distancing Christmas

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Social Distancing Christmas

Post by JimT »

With all the virus junk it can be hard to celebrate Christmas, but I want to do what I can to overcome that. So, in the spirit of social distancing, I am asking for you to bake cookies, pie, cakes and come over and leave them at the gate. You can text or call when you drop them off. I will come out and give you a warm Christmas wave.

If you are so inclined, a bottle of Christmas spirits would be nice also.

Thank you so much!

Love and Blessings and have a wonderful celebration of our Savior's birth.

Papa Jim
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Social Distancing Christmas

Post by AJMD429 »

I have some friends and relatives that literally did that for Thanksgiving... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

What's your address Jim? I'll be the official taster- just to make sure everything is up to snuff! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
1894c

Post by 1894c »

I really like the idea of a "WARM CHRISTMAS WAVE"... I think people could use a smile and a wave today, although they would have to be 20-yards away with no mask... MERRY CHRISTMAS...JESUS IS LORD... :)
DeerHunterDecoration.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I am having a hard time with government telling me how to celebrate Christmas.

Texas isn't doing much on this like I am seeing elsewhere. But I will not comply.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:38 am I am having a hard time with government telling me how to celebrate Christmas.

Texas isn't doing much on this like I am seeing elsewhere. But I will not comply.
There's a whole lot of people feeling the same way .. at least around here. The Courthouse Square in Georgetown was full of people the other night .. some had lawn chairs and were sitting with their friends and family .. others walking around the square looking at everything ... I like the quiet spirit of rebellion that just goes ahead and lives like it wants without needing to make a lot of noise about it .... every day ... all the time.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

I am not complying with any government mandates. What I am doing is following the sensible precautions that physicians I know and trust have given me. Those precautions just happen to be pretty much the same as the government's strictest guidelines. No one has to order me in from the rain.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have not bought the mistletoe for face to face use this year. It is pinned to my shirttail. The Slimestream News has my permission to pucker up and kiss my Adam Schiff.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Pisgah wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:29 pm I am not complying with any government mandates. What I am doing is following the sensible precautions that physicians I know and trust have given me. Those precautions just happen to be pretty much the same as the government's strictest guidelines. No one has to order me in from the rain.
A very sensible approach. I don't mind doing the right thing, and I will take the precautions necessary to keep my loved ones safe.

I just don't want the government to order me to do or not do something that isn't within their constitutional authority.
Last edited by Scott Tschirhart on Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I try to obey State and local ordinances and laws. If they tell me to mask and social distance, then I will comply. My religious celebrations are not the Governments to tell me what to do. I mask and distance at church.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost