Bob Fudge - Something People Here Can Appreciate

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Bob Fudge - Something People Here Can Appreciate

Post by Rube Burrows »

I am sure some of you here may know the story of Bob Fudge. I had never heard of him till recently. A music artist named Colter Wall who is Canadian and sings a folk style of country music usually has a song titled Bob Fudge. I gave it a listen and have prob. listened to it 100 times since.

I like to close my eyes while I listen and really play out the words of the song in my head. Its a song about a man who was born during the Civil War in Texas and was a cowboy during the last part of the 19th century in places like Montana. He witnessed the changing times.

I learned the song is not an original to Colter Wall so I listened to the original which is good also but I feel that the way Colter Wall does it really steps up the drama in the song.

There is also a book about the real man, Bob Fudge. I think I will read it also.
https://bobfudge.com/

Anyway, if you are so inclined, give it a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA4z743VQiM
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Bob Fudge - Something People Here Can Appreciate

Post by gamekeeper »

Cool story and a Cool song, I like it too.... 8)

"When the Cowboys was King".
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:47 am Cool story and a Cool song, I like it too.... 8)

"When the Cowboys was King".

Yeah.
This song is just full of nostalgia.

When he says..... "When I first saw Montana, I knew I would love her" I get chills. I just sit and think about what all he is doing in the song and it really gets my mind going.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks for posting. Hadn't heard of him before. Cool song.
It always makes me a little sad to read about the guys that lived through the changing times at the close of the 19th century. One of the most celebrated ways of life (even if brutally hard) coming to an end.

Guess there's some of that going on right now. :cry:
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

OldWin wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:31 pm Thanks for posting. Hadn't heard of him before. Cool song.
It always makes me a little sad to read about the guys that lived through the changing times at the close of the 19th century. One of the most celebrated ways of life (even if brutally hard) coming to an end.

Guess there's some of that going on right now. :cry:

Very true. I can just imagine him at Yellowstone Park, a now tourist attraction, with memories of things that went on there before it was a park.

And yes, many things are changing today also. Just not as romantic I suppose.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

The kid is good.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

4t5 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:06 pmThe kid is good.

Agreed.