"Both Sides of a Story..."

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

"Both Sides of a Story..."

Post by Old No7 »

Yup, this is so true! :wink:

Old No7

Both Sides.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: "Both Sides of a Story..."

Post by gamekeeper »

That's true alright, I only use newspaper for fire lighting nowadays, some British newspapers aren't even fit to use in an outhouse....
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I don't really see much in the way of investigative journalism, with the exception of Project Veritas.

I don't think that the powers that be want to have anybody looking at their dirty laundry.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I learned about newspapers in 1965. My brother was in an auto accident and one passenger died. He was not driving, but the story ruined the drivers life (19 years old). Headlines on the local newspaper; "Drunken teen age party ends in death". All 3 occupants of the car were athletes, in the middle of the football season (way back when athletes were clean, sober examples). When my brother was able to talk several days later he mentioned (started crying) the newspaper story was 99% false; no drugs, no drinking, no crazy speeding and no mention of the other car involved. My teen age daughter observed a skate border hit by a car; same report the only truth was it happened on Main St. in El Segundo. I don't subscribe to any newspaper, barely watch and news on TV. Only believe 1/2 of what "news" I see or hear on line or word of mouth...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Good one #7....

Nothing is news anymore....it's all propaganda and entertainment mixed into one lying story of their choosing .........Sometimes I'll switch between a conservative news outlet and a liberal one to see how they "report" on the exact same story......either side are experts at "failing to mention" important aspects.

I'm sick of it all....even Fox News isn't worth the time watching......I'm thinking to myself, "why should I go to bed all aggravated when there's nothing I can do but vote....and now those m.f.er's have even taken that away...

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:40 pm.Sometimes I'll switch between a conservative news outlet and a liberal one to see how they "report" on the exact same story......either side are experts at "failing to mention" important aspects.
I love to see the gyrations that NPR will go through to make sure ANYTHING they report on either reflects positively on Biden or Obama, or negatively on Trump or his supporters.... :roll: Even if it is a kitten-stuck-in-a-tree story, it will be credited to Obama if the kitten is saved, and Trump blamed if it falls...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Propaganda, not News, has been all that is on TV for most of my life. I am 55.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I have been trying to get people to ween themselves off the NewsTit for years. When I was 15 I learned they did not know what they were talking about. It was when Police began to use the .357 Magnum. The News said it would stop a car ... break the engine block ..etc. etc.

I went out and shot into the engine of an old Chevy 6 cylinder. The bullet came back past my head just as fast as it went against the engine block. If it had hit me it would have gone clean through the empty space between my ears. My handloads were heavy. All it did was leave a little lead smear on the side of the engine block.

From that point on I began to listen and learn.

An old one but still applicable:

IF YOU DON'T READ THE NEWSPAPER, YOU ARE UNINFORMED. IF YOU READ THE NEWSPAPER, YOU ARE MISINFORMED.
- Mark Twain-
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

I once ran across a series of articles that espoused the benefits of not watching TV.

Absolutely spot on. It raises stress, most (not all!) of the programming is propaganda or drivel
or some combination of the 2, and TV news is essentially propaganda promulgated by the goobermint
and/or the mega-corporations that run what passes for our goobermint.

Almost all of the network news is either biased, incomplete, or outright false. I use news headlines as
a guide to research the subject in more detail if I'm interested. There is still some fine
investigative journalism out there, but one has to dig a bit for it. And if ya get two close to a
sensitive story - watch out - your career as a journalist is over...... Yes, even in this country. :(

-Stretch
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Two observations:
1.Everything you see in the media is broadcast for the purpose not of informing you, but of selling you something. It may be toothpaste or a car; it may be some political idea. Whatever.
2. Unfortunately, these days most people don't want both sides of the story, so the more one-sided a media outlet is, the more people like it. The more people like it, the more stuff they sell, the more one-sided they get, etc., etc.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Nothing new, it was Mark Twain who said "If you don't read the paper you are uninformed. If you do read the paper you are misinformed".
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:17 am That's true alright, I only use newspaper for fire lighting nowadays, some British newspapers aren't even fit to use in an outhouse....
They're all fit to use in the outhouse...

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.