Quick trip to the range with the S&W 625

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Quick trip to the range with the S&W 625

Post by 2ndovc »

I had one for years and have always regretted selling it but I was able to replace it recently with one that's nearly identical. This the first target, two hand hold at 25 yds with an old half box of Winchester 230 FMJs. If the single action trigger pull is more than 3 lbs I'd be surprised. Targets got better as I started to get used to it. Looking forward to running some different loads through it when it's nicer out. Twenty eight degrees sucks for loading and unloading moon clips. My last one really liked a 230 gr, LFP over 4 grs of Bullesye. Should have taken along some 45 AR too but knew it was going to be a pretty short trip. Oh, and those grips suck! They look ok but don't fit me well at all. :shock:
The Ruger LCPII just came in last week. I wanted a small light .22 for working around the yard and walking the dog, etc. Surprisingly accurate for such a little pistol. My mistake was grabbing only one box of CCI Mini Mags to try it out with. It does not like those at all with a couple of failures to feed and extract. I ran ten standard vel. Agulia target bullets through it in the back yard and it worked just fine. I'm sure a good cleaning and a couple hundred rounds to break it in and it will be just fine.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Quick trip to the range with the S&W 625

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I have the same trouble with grips like that. They look great, but I need a bit more support toward the heel of my hand.

That's one of the reasons I like a square butt N frame with the magna style grips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Love the Smith! I hear you on the grips. I have the round butt finger groove combats on my 2.5" model 19. They look great, but are hard to shoot with.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

Those grips sure look nice. It's a shame they don't work for you
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

VZ has a set of round to square but grips that I've been looking at since I bought the 625. I had a feeling they weren't quite right for my hand but wanted to shoot it first. I usually prefer a RB revolver, but since this is a target gun and not a carry piece I'm going to try something different.
Funny thing is, the stags I have on my S&W 327 (.357 Magnum) fit just right. They're short but really thick.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"