This was encouraging...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

This was encouraging...

Post by AJMD429 »

U.S. Citizens own more small-arms (~400,000,000) than all the world’s militaries combined. :mrgreen:

U.S. Citizens own four hundred times more firearms than the combined U.S. Police inventory of approximately one million firearms. :mrgreen:

U.S. Citizens own about 16,000,000 ‘assault weapons’ - sixteen times the total firearms of the U.S. Police, and about five times the small arms inventory of the U.S. Military... :mrgreen:

From https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy6s9Pm_8n8

...even if U.S. Citizens turned in 90% of their ‘assault weapons’ they would STILL have almost twice as many of just those firearms as the entire police force inventory...

The New Jersey ban on ‘high-capacity’ magazines affected millions of magazines possessed in that relatively ‘blue’ political state. ZERO were turned in. Even in New Zealand, estimates of compliance with the ‘assault weapon’ ban is only around ten per cent. :D

What’cha think U.S. Rednecks ‘compliance’ rate would be...??? :lol: :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: This was encouraging...

Post by Sixgun »

"0" here in Sixgun Land..........but there probably won't be more than 3 who will admit that on a public forum.........."oooooooo, I'm scared....Poe lice might be lookin' and I might get capped"--- :D ---6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Might explain why the left wants our guns!?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

They don't have to "take them".

The VAST majority of the people don't have The Rona, but look what the fear mongering has accomplished.

Many, many, people will turn them right over.
Then, to justify their actions and virtue signal, they will turn in everyone they know who has, or they think might have, or they just don't like, to the "proper authorities".
Then collect their 50 dollar Walmart card and their "special patriot" medal.
When people see what is done to a select few, highly publicized, radical terrorist gun owners, they will get many more voluntary turn ins. Many will fold from pressure from wives or family. "It's just not worth it"...... "too much to lose".
The "examples" will have all their assets confiscated, lose their home, and their children will be taken.
The dissenters will be constantly vilified and blamed for every heinous act that all of a sudden "happens", and is fed unendingly through the propaganda box.

The ones that hold out and bury all their guns and ammo in the woods?
Well, that's basically unarmed.

Sorry to be such a downer.
But the last 10 months or so has taught me a lot about this country.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

"Come and get them...."

I'm eligible for my pension in 2 years, and my youngest will be on his own in 3.

I'm divorced, and have no intention of ever getting married again.

So I'm at a point in my life where I just don't have that much to lose by fighting back.

The legal system is so strained at the moment, that they can't afford to make
but a literal handful of examples. California has over a million outstanding warrants.
Add maybe Florida, and New York, and all of a sudden you have more people with outstanding
warrants than you have prison beds in the entire country. Just serving and processing all of
the outstanding warrants in those 2 or 3 states would bring the system to it's knees. You'd need
every law enforcement officer and National Guardsman in the country just to attempt that task. And there's
no place to put the miscreants, 'cuz all 2 million + prison beds in this country are now full.

No way can they go after people's guns without changing the Constitution. Your neighbor can
say that he thinks you have guns, but without corroborating evidence, it's just hearsay. They can
only serve so many warrants with SWAT teams. They simply don't have the manpower. Remember
that they tried to register all of the guns in Canada, and it was a spectacular failure.
They can huff and puff, but they won't push too awful hard.

What they WILL do is try to get our guns by making tiny little rules here and there to
make things more difficult - a death by a thousand cuts. Noise restrictions on ranges, more
laws on lead, limits on the amount of ammo one can purchase, etc.. This is where we need to resist.

-Stretch
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

They can talk all they want about taking or controlling guns. most of the politicians have no real idea of how many are really out there , and what it will take to get them. sure some will snitch on their family and neighbors , just like it is being encouraged for people to turn people in who violate covid lockdown in some states.
This summer/ and fall when We didn't have the Grandkids here I made a fun pastime of getting out for a ride in the country where there just "happened" to be several gun shops on the way. what I saw was simply astounding. The amount of firearms being sold at every shop tells Me that people are very afraid . Many new gun owners who had to be helped with the ffl . and My experience is just a tiny fraction of what has happened in this country.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Unfortunately fear makes people do stupid things. And there is a lot of fear out there. Fear is almost always an overreaction to an uncertainty.

I don't intend to give up anything. I haven't curtailed enjoying my shooting because of ammo shortages or covid. I'm just living my life.

I think about this like rain, no matter how hard it is raining, there is plenty of air to breathe between the raindrops.

God has this under control, and I belong to him. There is a great deal of comfort in that.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

My only behavior changes this year, since I’m already pretty much ‘social distancing’ in my lifestyle, have been that I carry extra magazines, for the rare possibility that I would be in a ‘blue’ area and have to interact socially and thus be at risk (I normally avoid areas where violence-prone types [‘liberals’ and Democrats] hang out). Even then, I tend to be low-profile and non-confrontational; I once let a dude pin me to the wall and spit in my face without pulling the trigger on my 44 Bulldog that I had in-hand in my coat pocket. He was a typical drunk liberal, displaying his ‘tolerance’ to show me how ‘inclusive’ he was, I guess... :roll: ...not worth putting a hole in my coat pocket or getting powder-burns on my hand.

I also have rationed my recreational shooting a bit when it comes to my 9mm and 357/38 and 223/5.56 ammo. Those would be the most useful ‘bad times’ rounds. So would 22LR but I have old less-reliable stuff to plink with.

I ‘teach’ lots of newbie shooters but I’ve pushed them to bring their own ammo when possible.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Stretch said it well....THEY CANNOT ENFORCE IT! Scott and 45colt are true patriots......Jay, I love ya like a brother but your beat already.

How the hell are they gonna enforce it when most cops and low level military guys are already on our side?

I'm a nobody compared to some people I know.....as in fighting back to the death......there's thousands of guys out there right now who want to start S. asap..Trump allegedly told the Proud Boys, "stand down and stand by". WE ARE PRESIDENT TRUMP, AWAITING ORDERS....

We all know that giving up ANY KIND OF A GUN or hi-cap mag will result in THEIR victory which will lead to encouragement for THEM to continue confiscating down to our BB guns.

We don't give up NOTHING...NOTHING....Spread the word and let those F er's know what's in store for them.....

Throughout history the records show that righteousness prevails but it's gonna take some blood....Are you ready? ....or are you spineless?.....or are YOU afraid to openly talk about it for fear of getting on "some red list?"-------006
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I feel the same about you buddy, but I'm telling you.....

We all just watched a presidential election get cheated and stolen. Blatantly.
There may be a lot of gun owners, but there are a lot of voters too. Nothing.
One could say that post Civil War, we were in a similar situation, and that would be true. However, the country did change. The Federal government gained much power compared to what they had prior. There was also no way to exert complete control over the citizenry due to travel and surveillance limitations.
Because of decades of refining their spying and eavesdropping on the citizens of this country through the use of technology, organizing on any scale whatsoever is next to impossible.
Everyone likes to picture themselves making their last stand but that accomplishes nothing.
You will be shocked when the time comes how many law enforcement and military go along for the ride. We are getting closer every day to a federalized police force. That will change much.
And even if all gun owners rise up and fight the good fight. And righteously prevail against the oppression.....
What then? Who establishes order? Who can be trusted?
What kind of government will we get then?

This country is becoming more destabilized by the day. Every person in a position of power is only working to consolidate and grow that power. Corruption is the rule of the day. Elections are compromised. This isn't an American phenomenon. This is global plan against us. Other countries and the UN will be more than happy to come here and quell the "uprising".
They want unrest. Then they have the excuse they need to make a government and constitution that better fits their plans.
What took place here over 200 years ago was nothing short of a miracle. In all of man's history, how many such things have come together? Certainly there are other countries that had the education and intelligence. The lessons of history were there for them too.
It was only here, with that group of men, and the hand of God.

I'm not beat already.
I'm going to adapt and survive.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

”Never give in! Never give in! Never, never, never, never – in nothing great or small, large or petty. Never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.”

-Sir Winston Churchill

Once our freedoms are gone, we'll never get 'em back.

-Stretch
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

stretch wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:39 pm ”Never give in! Never give in! Never, never, never, never – in nothing great or small, large or petty. Never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.”

-Sir Winston Churchill

Once our freedoms are gone, we'll never get It back -Stretch
Jay...(Old Win.)

"Attitudes" win in battle. (See above what Stretch wrote) Sure, there won't be a knock down "kill your neighbor" kind of thing....

Keep in mind, no one with any sense wants to die....that means cops, privates, lawyers, forest rangers, homeless people, fork lift drivers, most weirdos.......that brings us to "attitudes". If the so called oppressors think they are gonna get their A kicked, they will rethink their plans .......they know the ones with the guns will win......and guess who has the guns?

The United States has kept this world free because we have guns.......governments know WE are to be feared, not the other way around. JUST THE KNOWLEDGE THAT WE HAVE THE GUNS HAS AND WILL PREVENT THEM FROM RULING US TOTALLY...so in reality, having guns is like taking a flu shot. Puzzled?....read on bro.....

You don't know if a flu shot really works as you may or may not have had contact with the microbe.

You don't know what plans the government has had for us in the past or future.....because they know we have guns.....that's the similarity.

THATS WHY YOU DONT GIVE UP NOTHING....The knowledge of the Feds by us is enough for them NOT to enact their plans.

Besides, if they really wanted to do us in that's all they would have to do is add a steroid to the Covid 19 virus.....then it's back to who has the guns...and the food.....sound mixed up? No, it's all very simple.....the tough guy wins in every fight, not those 98 pound weaklings with pocket protectors in Washington or the ones in the cities where their combined IQ level are 26 .....oh F. I, I'm checking out to load some 30-06's for the BAR----6
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

It also does not matter what you say on any public forum.....

I just typed in my 10 digit phone number on Google....no hyphens...just the numbers......in two seconds the next 15 paragraphs had me and every member of my family for all to see.....addresses, next of kin, jobs, education level....and this was public, not the report you get when you send them $29.95....

The point I'm getting to is EVERYONE is already on a list, whether it's yellow, red, purple whatever......

THATS ANOTHER REASON YOU DONT GIVE UP NOTHING...NOW GET TO BED!!' You have a big day ahead of you tomorrow.--6
Model A Uzi’s
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

OldWin is on to it!
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:54 am "0" here in Sixgun Land..........but there probably won't be more than 3 who will admit that on a public forum.........."oooooooo, I'm scared....Poe lice might be lookin' and I might get capped"--- :D ---6
I WILL NOT COMPLY.

Period. Full stop.

My ancestors didn't fight in almost every war this country has had to have me tuck tail and hand over my rights and freedoms. They want to make me a felon? Fine. Screw them. :evil:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I sincerely hope you are right.
I'm not saying to "give up" or "give in". I'm saying to adapt and overcome. Because you can bet they are a lot smarter than you think.

For fun, we can come back and revisit this post in a few years.
If we are allowed.

I will gladly admit I was wrong. And be happy about it.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The line in the sand has to be REGISTRSTION; once that is done they have leverage that otherwise they don’t have.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:04 pm
Sixgun wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:54 am "0" here in Sixgun Land..........but there probably won't be more than 3 who will admit that on a public forum.........."oooooooo, I'm scared....Poe lice might be lookin' and I might get capped"--- :D ---6
I WILL NOT COMPLY.

Period. Full stop.

My ancestors didn't fight in almost every war this country has had to have me tuck tail and hand over my rights and freedoms. They want to make me a felon? Fine. Screw them. :evil:
Thanks Kid....you, like several of us here are "Three Percenters" . You know what that is don't you? :D ----6
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:08 pm
Jay,
When we revisit this post ......if we are alive, we will be because of our guns.---6..o...de..bro
Model A Uzi’s
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

The rona has had 10 months to do its best. The poorest countries in the world, limited ability to lockdown, ( 2 billion people cant socially distance, they are cram packed in shanties and superslums, no plumbing means you go 'communal' just to have a drink of water) and we should have 100 million deaths there now. Thats hot, cold, black, asian, white, and starving people with low immunities. No countries, UN groups or even private medical contractors in any country picking up 7 figure deaths yet. A lot of middle class money has been burnt backing the idea this was spanish flu level. The next generation will be paying heavily if we got it wrong..
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:12 pm
OldWin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:08 pm
Jay,
When we revisit this post ......if we are alive, we will be because of our guns.---6..o...de..bro
Looks like the carp-storm has already started. BATFE seems set to declare AR-15 pistols as SBR's. The word now is that they want people to send them in, then apply for the tax stamp, then wait... and supposedly the Feds will send YOUR property back to you when the paperwork has been approved... and you pay the $200.

Right. I trust the government...

So they are set on making millions of people felons overnight. Tyranny thus begins.

I WILL NOT COMPLY.

Last time I looked, my rights came from God, not the government. The Constitution protects those rights; it does not grant them. My rights and freedoms are not subject to the whims of the majority or scumbag politicians.