Howard Leight earmuffs

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Howard Leight earmuffs

Post by AJMD429 »

I got a new pair as potential slip-ons for bad-guy-in-house scenario, and they are even better than my 15-year-old pair. So good I literally forget I have them on; set to make bird calls and trickling streams normal in volume the depth and direction are perfect.
2E4212CF-292C-4072-B10C-6C8FFDC98278.jpeg
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019978671

These are a bit more expensive than the older pair, but spread that cost over a decade or more of likely use, given the performance of the previous, still-working pair and I think it is worth it.

I got orange cuz that’s all they had in stock when I ordered but I’ll wear them over my already-orange hunting cap, and use the green ones inside.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Re: Howard Leight earmuffs

Post by 4t5 »

Those look very promising , as I now have tinnitus and can't hear most animals in the woods walking up on me. I just hope they don't amplify the ringing in my ears. I assume the "BOLT" muffs are priced higher over the standard sports, because of the faster cut off.?
Rumble.com/ hickock45
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

4t5 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:23 pm Those look very promising , as I now have tinnitus and can't hear most animals in the woods walking up on me. I just hope they don't amplify the ringing in my ears. I assume the "BOLT" muffs are priced higher over the standard sports, because of the faster cut off.?
I think so. Not sure if that is why they overall sound better when just listening for game or not, but they are crystal-clear. Like listening to a CD versus a vinyl record when using good headphones, versus other brands I tried in the past. The 15 year old similar ones are really good but these are just a tad better.

They should ‘drown out’ tinnitus, not amplify it.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

+1
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

while I'm at it, anyone here know of a remedy for ..tinnitus.?
Rumble.com/ hickock45
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

4t5 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:17 pm while I'm at it, anyone here know of a remedy for ..tinnitus.?
Yes, death. I just did a hearing test and found out that if you have tinnitus they are that accurate in some ranges due to the "interference".
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

clearly a case of.. "the cure being worse than the ailment."
Rumble.com/ hickock45