Most of you probably know this ...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Most of you probably know this ...

Post by JimT »

but it may be something you can point friends to if it is needed ....

https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/why-is- ... -shortage/
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Most of you probably know this ...

Post by earlmck »

Any of us olde pharts caught by surprise by the present shortage have been asleep for the past decade.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Thanks Jim ,

This is the 3rd or 4th reloading shortage I have gone through! After the first one I stocked up to the point of excess, if that is possible :mrgreen: , and will add to my pile if and when there is plenty and the prices come down from orbit. Got enough to last this life time and am working on having enough for the next life :lol:

John
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
Ray Newman
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

"Any of us olde pharts caught by surprise by the present shortage have been asleep for the past decade.'
--earlmck

Yup, just like the old saw "If you snooze, you loose!".....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have been loading up every piece of brass that I have. I had forgotten just how much I had in components. No wonder PillHer has been complaining for a long time about my area I keep it in. I think I have enough to hunt with for a while. I found several pounds of each of several powders that I use.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

No, I didn't know.....I knew there's were gun problems but I've been living under a rock since all this S started earlier n the year.

I got so much stuff I could shoot like there's no tomorrow....everyday....if that makes sense.

Boy Scouts taught me a lot and I pretty much live by the motto.

As my good friend "The Gunny" an ex marine DI says, "its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.-----6

Primers? Somewhere around 50-60 big ones..tons of lead.....probably 50,000 empties, and powder, I won't say as it's nunya and if you don't like that then Argo.---6
Robert E. Lee
"The King Of Spades"
Ray
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ray »

The day before the election, vista c.e.o. chris metz announced that cci/speer was $1,000,000,000 (billion) and a whole year behind in orders. Mind, that was the day before the election with hopes of a biden defeat......

He also said that cci and federal were producing between themselves a 100,000,000 centerfire primers a day, seven days running ! A hundred million primers per day......not counting win. and rem. or imports from brasil, philippines, & europe.....

Speaking of imported primers, they were quite welcome in the past shortages (i bought brasilian & czech last time) but they seem to be strangely absent this time......
m.A.g.a. !
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I don't pay much attention to this stuff, so am a little tight on some primers and powders. But I just don't shoot but a few hundred rounds a year, so I should be able to ride this out.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

When I am "cutting back" I only shoot a few hundred rounds a month. Some months.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

All the moral high roaders say, "hoarding components is wrong"......then go on to say it's perfectly fine paying $5,000-$20,000 a year in real estate taxes so the schools can function with swimming pools .....that's how it is here....

I say survival is first and foremost......I have a "compound" here because if you just look around, it's coming and in some parts like New York City, it's here........you snooze-you lose.-----006
Robert E. Lee
"The King Of Spades"
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Six, yes, I agree. I did not buy enough reloading supplies earlier as I had gotten away from shooting. I recently paid a hefty price for primers on Gunbroker, but I'm flush now for probably my whole life and I also have enough powder for my lifetime and more so. Was it worth it? Or a good value? Only time will tell, but I think it was the right thing to do. My only regret is I didn't do it earlier. But i think prices may stay the same for a while for now. You are wise man. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

CowboyTutt wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:31 pm
Six, yes, I agree. I did not buy enough reloading supplies earlier as I had gotten away from shooting. I recently paid a hefty price for primers on Gunbroker, but I'm flush now for probably my whole life and I also have enough powder for my lifetime and more so. Was it worth it? Or a good value? Only time will tell, but I think it was the right thing to do. My only regret is I didn't do it earlier. But i think prices may stay the same for a while for now. You are wise man. -Tutt
Thanks Tutt....there's a million things going on in our each individual's life so it is easy to not pay attention to an item here or there........in your case it was not laziness and your one of the few I'd overnight supplies to if you need it.....I'm well connected on such things......

There ain't many of us left. I truly for the first time fear for the future of this great nation....----6
Robert E. Lee
"The King Of Spades"
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

There ain't many of us left. I truly for the first time fear for the future of this great nation....----6
Yes. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)
Ray
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Reloading Unlimited just got in 100,000 winchester large rifle magnum primers at 5.9 cents each for a whopping 10.7 cents each after flat rate shipping and hazardous materials fee......they sold all 100 boxes of 1,000 primers in about 35 minutes !
m.A.g.a. !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'm good on all counts. 8)
(But, by all means brag and blab on the 'net for all to see) :roll:
I wish for you the courage to be unpopular. Popularity is history's pocket change. Courage to tell the truth is history's true currency.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:13 pm

+1 on both counts. I look around and realize that a good portion of our fellow "citizens" are bat-stuff crazy.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:13 pm
Sixgun wrote:

+1 on both counts. I look around and realize that a good portion of our fellow "citizens" are bat-stuff crazy.

Kid.....the left is bat crazy...the ones on the right who talk this way are scared.....most people who give in want to live any way they can. When I watch ww2 documentaries ad see what our soldiers went through to keep this nation great makes me sick to my stomach and I feel it is more than being patriotic NOT to comply, it is a down right slap in those soldiers faces to comply with any gun or freedom law.----006
Robert E. Lee
"The King Of Spades"
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:17 pm
Ysabel Kid wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:13 pm
Sixgun wrote:

Kid.....the left is bat crazy...the ones on the right who talk this way are scared.....most people who give in want to live any way they can. When I watch ww2 documentaries ad see what our soldiers went through to keep this nation great makes me sick to my stomach and I feel it is more than being patriotic NOT to comply, it is a down right slap in those soldiers faces to comply with any gun or freedom law.----006
Agreed Six. I hate to say it, but I am thankful my uncle - the WWII/D-Day veteran - passed away in October. Seeing what is happening to the country he fought for would have killed him.

Like I said, my ancestors didn't fight in almost every war this country has had for me to tuck tail and grovel to the government, giving them willingly my rights and freedoms.

I WILL NOT COMPLY.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well.....this what I heard on OAN today........Biden plans to lift the restrictions that prevent people from suing gun manufacturers when their gun is used in a crime......Ha.....

Those monkeys in Chicago will have 2,000 lawsuits in one weekend........we have our hands full.....be ready.....

I WILL NOT COMPLY...I like that Kid...YOU coined it....----6
Robert E. Lee
"The King Of Spades"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Not trying to give anyone any ideas. When the Commies started the takeover in Russia, they killed all the Lawyers. They also killed the Politicians. The Commie takeover has already started. I expect Lawyers to start being killed in February.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ray
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ray »

I just heard that several millions of fiocchi primers have been unloaded and shipped-out to wholesalers..... Perhaps incoming brasilian, czech, filipino, and italian primers will help the supply to ease the demand......
m.A.g.a. !