$19.99 well spent on Amazon

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

$19.99 well spent on Amazon

Post by AJMD429 »

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B083NM9B19

I took a gamble that I'd at least get a decent push-button swivel, WITH the M-lok base, and hoped either the belt-pack or the sling might be halfway decent. Actually BOTH were very well-made. 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
1894c

Re: $19.99 well spent on Amazon

Post by 1894c »

AJMD429 -- you getting geared up for the next revolution... :)
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

1894c wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:29 pm AJMD429 -- you getting geared up for the next revolution... :)
Yea! Who would've thought good ole Doc would be joining the ranks of the oppressed?

I prefer the single point sling for my AR's ....
Model A Uzi’s
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:57 pm...I prefer the single point sling for my AR's ....
Yeah I do really like the flush swivels and this type sling best:
6A8831D5-1800-47EB-B310-8D2D84EE26B5.jpeg
64C7B4E4-D21A-4A0C-BA18-4B11B3DCD225.jpeg
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2319121313

You can unsnap it at the ‘Y’ and use a forward position swivel base if needed as well.

The ‘snap’ ones like the cheapie I just got sometimes have a similar ‘single-point’ option using a D-ring or other device, but this one most likely is going to do duty on a gun-case.

The M-lok base will go on the front of an AR with the Mag-Pul sling - I tote it single-point mostly but sometimes like the option of swapping to two-point cuz it has a heavy 18” barrel and older heavy handguard.

That just leaves the sling swivel itself; it will replace the more oblong one I have on another sling that keeps getting in the way of a folding arm-brace.

I feel like an Indian, successfully using each part of the animal I hunted, as I found a use for each piece of my $19.99 investment... :D

(.... :o ....I said “Indian”....I must be a ‘raaaacist’... :cry: )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Ooooo..you bad man Doc......OK, I understand the sling now...pretty neato......

Single point slings are great for standing around, expecting trouble, patrolling...(yea, I "patrol" around here. :D ) but are a PITA for hiking, etc......

I still ain't found nothing I can comfortably carry the BAR with.......when the revolution hits I'll need that but first I need to gain about 30 pounds of muscle so I can carry it.

I have zero military training with the AR so I have to rely on common sense so when it all hits us, I'll stop over to team up with ya. I figure having a doc as a pal would be advantageous to my wellbeing. I'll bring an Uzi for you as an extra weapon.----6
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

M-lock has a better reputation than Key-mod. My upper in .458 SoCom has a Key-mod rail on it because it was all I could find at the time which was the size I needed. I plan on limiting what I mount on it to nothing more than a sling and a light. I plan on using super glue on the base for the sling when I find the spot I like best. No need to move it after I find the right spot.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

This is the quarterly notification to inform you that the charity you've selected, Gun Owners Foundation, recently received a donation of $35,504.23 from AmazonSmile -- at no cost to you or other customers.

Thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com, or with AmazonSmile ON in the Amazon Shopping app, everyday purchases have generated over $266 million in donations to charities worldwide so far.

AmazonSmile's impact:
$245,248.50 to Gun Owners Foundation*
$241,928,506.19 to all charities in the US
$266,896,659.48 to all charities worldwide
To track donations or change your charity, simply visit Your AmazonSmile Impact page.

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Amazon keeps me out of WalMart... I have to hold my nose when I think about Bezos, and his WaPo.
:roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Amazon can get items to you that are hard to find. Using them to raise money for positive charitable purposes, such as the Doc points out, helps to relieve my dislike of their politics.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

They are not totally banned in this household but they are now a "seller of last resort".
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry