After Staying Home For 8 Months . . . .

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

After Staying Home For 8 Months . . . .

Post by COSteve »

Am I getting desperate for something to do?

This morning I was going though my drawer in my reloading bench looking for a part I knew was in there when it struck me that the divider and pen rail I'd added had come lose likely 8-10 years ago and since then I'd just put up with them flopping around. I decided that today I was going to fix it so I emptied the drawer, vacuumed out the spilled powder, lint, and 'stuff' that accumulated, and checked out what I needed to do to set it right.

The fix was simple so I went up to the garage and got my pin nailer and some pliers and after hooking it up to the small air compressor I use at my bench for cleaning, I proceeded to fix the drawer. However, this time, instead of just a couple of tacks to hold them in I did a proper nail job so they'll stay put! Then, I sorted through all the junk that always accumulates in drawers and just put back the stuff I actually wanted.

The job took me all of about 20 minutes and now the drawer actually works like I want it to. So, I've got to ask. Did I fix it today because I should have 8 years ago or because I've run out of projects to do and was desperate for something, anything to do? What say you?
Steve

Noli nothis permittere te terere
“Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.” - Confucius
"When you find a find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it." - Dilbert
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Re: After Staying Home For 8 Months . . . .

Post by ollogger »

Steve So far today i took apart & cleaned 3 windows & vacuumed out all the dust ( the wind finally quit howling )
cut & slit some fire wood
now you had to remind me along with my wife I have some drawers to fix, but there is always tomorrow

As for now i think i will go out with my Ruger Alaskan 454 & shoot a bunch of 45 colt out of it

Brad
Last edited by ollogger on Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The big question is
Did you find the part you were looking for?!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Scott Tschirhart
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I find that working from home, I am actually more productive than I was driving to my office every day.

So, I still haven't done all of the needed projects around here.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

GunnyMack wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:15 pm
The big question is
Did you find the part you were looking for?!
Yep, found it right off and realized that I actually had 2 of them!! :o That's what I get for not keeping things organized as I'd forgotten about the 1st one and stumbled upon it looking for the 2nd one I remembered. :roll: I wish I could say it's from getting old but it's not as I've been this way my whole life. Of course my wife teased me about forgetting about the first one.

But, this afternoon I got a bit of a friendly payback. She stopped by the grocery for a couple of things and snagged a big 24-pack of TP telling me that she wanted some 'back stock'. :) I took her down in the basement to the spare BR that's become our large storage area and showed her the 4ea 12-packs she'd bought over the last couple of months when it was plentiful. She'd forgotten completely about them! :oops:

Score one for the old guy!!! :lol:
Steve

"When you find a find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it." - Dilbert
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thats good, nothing worse than looking for something you know you have but can't find!

Hey TP don't go bad- I just bought 72 rolls just in case we wind up prisoners in our own homes!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

GunnyMack wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:28 pm
Thats good, nothing worse than looking for something you know you have but can't find!

Hey TP don't go bad- I just bought 72 rolls just in case we wind up prisoners in our own homes!
yep! i just bought 24 rolls today, getting more tomorrow while i can. Hearing we might be heading for another lockdown if biden gets in for sure. (his name lower case on purpose! he not worth an uppercase in my book)
Rossi 92 .357 lever
Henry .22 lever and a remington speedmaster 500 .22 lr
Marlin glenfield .22 boltaction
Mossberg 12 ga. pump
H&R 12 ga. topper
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Marlin 336W .30.30
Heritage rough rider .22 sa
Taylor smokewagon .357 sa
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

ollogger wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:40 pm
. . . . . . now you had to remind me along with my wife I have some drawers to fix, but there is always tomorrow

As for now i think i will go out with my Ruger Alaskan 454 & shoot a bunch of 45 colt out of it...
:lol: That's kind of the way I approach the Honey-Do list...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I seldom had a "honey-do" list... as my wife recognized that I had difficulty completing my own list!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Scott Tschirhart
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

TP is already leaving the shelves here in San Antonio, I understand that Minneapolis has a shortage as well.

Just as in primers, I will not get caught without a substantial stash of either again. I can make do without TP, but I don't think my wife would like it so much and she doesn't need to have the experiences I have had.

On the bright side, I have plenty of handgun ammo loaded for everything that I shoot. The lack of drive time has motivated me to use the Dillon more frequently.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

All kidding aside, with all my wife does to support me in her own, humble way, there isn't anything she truly wants I won't move heaven and earth to get for her. She's stood by me for 47 years of marriage through everything and that makes her a saint in my book.

Besides, she hasn't complained once when I've come home with a new gun or reloading press. Even though she isn't interested in shooting that much, she's tried it with me a few times. She even has her own Ruger 10/22 I got her in 1973 right after we got married and she does consider the M1 Carbine as "her's" in a HD situation.
Steve

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I look at this as a Captain America moment.

You were the one guy there who could make a difference.

... And you did.

Well done, Sir.

:wink:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.