"Rich People Hunting"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

"Rich People Hunting"

Post by J Miller »

***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
piller
Posting leader...

Re: "Rich People Hunting"

Post by piller »

That is funny!
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Joe, that's pretty close to some folks I have seen...... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:54 pm Joe, that's pretty close to some folks I have seen...... :lol:
Yes! And it's because it's you and Nath in that video! You English guys have all the loot and the class...always dressed up and the finest of double barreled guns.......we hillbillies over here can barely afford jeans and must resort to shooting English Starlings for food that you guys smuggled over here to feed the lowly colonists! :D ----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sixgun wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:44 pm
gamekeeper wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:54 pm Joe, that's pretty close to some folks I have seen...... :lol:
Yes! And it's because it's you and Nath in that video! You English guys have all the loot and the class...always dressed up and the finest of double barreled guns.......we hillbillies over here can barely afford jeans and must resort to shooting English Starlings for food that you guys smuggled over here to feed the lowly colonists! :D ----6
It's the guys with all the loot and class that keep the whole ball rolling over here so guys like Nath and me can take advantage of their well stocked country estates, personally I was taking advantage from about 12 years of age until I was 32 and then I got paid to actually manage one of their country estates, before that I got paid to keep their guns working too, now I'm back to just taking advantage.. :lol: :lol:
I can recommend several good books on the subject although the subject matter is all totally illegal...... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:24 am
It's the guys with all the loot and class that keep the whole ball rolling over here so guys like Nath and me can take advantage of their well stocked country estates, personally I was taking advantage from about 12 years of age until I was 32 and then I got paid to actually manage one of their country estates, before that I got paid to keep their guns working too, now I'm back to just taking advantage.. :lol: :lol:
I can recommend several good books on the subject although the subject matter is all totally illegal...... :lol:

Yeah but what about the starlings? Think it's high time the Crown answers for this indescretion?! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:18 am

Yeah but what about the starlings? Think it's high time the Crown answers for this indescretion?! :lol:
We'll take back our Starling when you take back your Grey Squirrels..... :lol:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:39 am

Hey....I like these "quotes".....let's see how far we can keep it going....Gamekeeper, your next and then "the Gunny"...keep,on quoting......Starlings!???!!! Isn't that the name of the FBI agent Jodie Foster who killed the weirdo in Silence of the lambs and the guy who was eating people?----6

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:14 pm

Hey....I like these "quotes".....let's see how far we can keep it going....Gamekeeper, your next and then "the Gunny"...keep,on quoting......Starlings!???!!! Isn't that the name of the FBI agent Jodie Foster who killed the weirdo in Silence of the lambs and the guy who was eating people?----6
OK, I'm first.......LETS QUOTE!!!'

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:15 pm
Our Starlings are getting so scarce we're not allowed to shoot them any more, not so the Grey Squirrels...
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:28 pm
Sixgun wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:15 pm
Our Starlings are getting so scarce we're not allowed to shoot them any more, not so the Grey Squirrels...
How can Starlings become scarce? These birds are like cockroaches and coyotes....nothing kills em........as for squirrels I don't see them like I used to....all kinds of laws protecting birds of prey. My BIL told me last month he saw a hawk swoop down and snag a squirrel off the ground........must have been a hell of a feeling for that little squirrel...------6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ever see a starling trap? Just a long length of pipe standing upright. They go in while investigating ( for nesting I guess) , fall to the bottom and can't fly out. I don't see large flocks but I do see them around.
If you ever run short on tree rats I'll send some over! Me pops lure company will buy , yes BUY squirrel tails! I think $.19 a tail up to 100 then I think they go up to .20 a piece. I guy could use a lot of air gun pellets !

QUESTION-
How in the world did our greys get there?! Were they brought in for the pet trade?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:11 pm Ever see a starling trap? Just a long length of pipe standing upright. They go in while investigating ( for nesting I guess) , fall to the bottom and can't fly out. I don't see large flocks but I do see them around.
If you ever run short on tree rats I'll send some over! Me pops lure company will buy , yes BUY squirrel tails! I think $.19 a tail up to 100 then I think they go up to .20 a piece. I guy could use a lot of air gun pellets !

QUESTION-
How in the world did our greys get there?! Were they brought in for the pet trade?
Some rich Duke ( see OP ) thought they would look nice on his estate, but the ones he brought over had Squirrel pox that our Reds had no resistance to... :roll:
We had all out war on Starlings but their numbers never seemed to decrease, suddenly there numbers just dropped and they are now a protected species... :shock:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I used to sell Squirrel tails amongst other stuff when I was a gamekeeper, I got 12 pence each, my son is a full time Grey Squirrel trapper in Northumberland, one of the few places where we still have Red Squirrels.
Although the Grey's are a pest they continue to give me lots of sport... :lol:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ok that makes sense!
How's my day going- here we are talking about the starlings HERE and im looking for it on The Gun Room!!! Guess I was out in the wind too long today ! It blew nonstop!
I'm sure there are areas here that would love to send your starlings back! Postage due im sure!! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

On the campus at college there were the largest squirrels I have ever seen. Some of them looked to weigh 5 pounds.
We have a few around here, but they are maybe a smaller type. I don't think they get up to a pound.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost