Ruger Charger 22 LR

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Ruger Charger 22 LR

Post by AJMD429 »

I got the lighter weight Odin ‘chassis’ (...guess that’s modern-speak for ‘stock made of aluminum’...) for my Ruger Charger. A light SIG arm-brace mounts quite well, and the gun was already sighted in for 50 yards well enough to consistently flip up the four 2” gongs we use for 22 LR rifles at 50 yards.

I had a stream light Pro-Tac light I wasn’t using, so I decided after splitting firewood I’d put that on the Charger and see what it could do at dusk.

I was tired of wearing hearing protectors that I had on a couple hours while using the wood splitter, so I took them off and borrowed the LibertyCans Mystic can from its home on the 9 mm Ruger PC Charger. (The suppressor in its current ‘Infiniti-X’ upgrade form is rated up to 300 Winchester mag pressures and up to 0.357 caliber cartridges, and is a take-apart can so easily cleaned if using rim fire or lead bullets and so-on, so I use it ALOT.)

With the little light I could barely make out the 50 yard 2 inch flip up targets, but had a 50% hit rate, even though it was getting quite dark outside. I couldn’t see any of the hundred yard gongs without the light on, but when I switch it on I can see them well enough that I got five out of five hits on the 8 inch gong at 100 yards.
0719C424-6251-41AC-9E14-7F89304EBEDB.jpeg
26BFCE99-3CE1-41B1-B02A-9AE991BAEEF0.jpeg
With that kind of performance, it almost makes me think I don’t need any other 22 rimfire‘s... :o ...glad that was only a passing thought...!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Re: Ruger Charger 22 LR

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I want to get one and do a similar configuration...
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

If I had this setup originally, I doubt I'd ever have gotten another 22 LR for a long time. It isn't the 75-yard tack-driver a couple other ones I have are, but it is one of the most fun little guns I have. Affordable to shoot (for now), too....

The 9mm version has become the 'home protection' firearm now, because my wife prefers the 'normal' right-sided 'charging handle' to the strange configuration of AR-15's, and other right-side charging handle guns like my Mini-14 are so bulky and way louder. Leverguns and pump shotguns just aren't as 'intuitive' for her, and so SWMBO rules... :mrgreen:

This is the 9mm version (sharing the same Mystic* can)
92A02582-AFC0-4DD2-8BF7-FC79E6A9E30D.jpeg
(...actually the I got my Mystic re-cored by LibertyCans, and upgraded to 'Infiniti-X' specs; not quite 'full' Infiniti-X, since that can goes up to 300 Win Mag pressure levels, but mine tolerates up to 308 Win which is plenty fine for me; I mostly use it on 9 mm’s and 300 Blackouts, my Marlin CST 357 Mag levergun, and pretty much any 223 AR or Mini-14, or 22 Long rifle that’s threaded...)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

My wife keeps stealing mine! Took her to the CSA and she fell in love with the dang thing!