RIP Sean Connery

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

RIP Sean Connery

Post by Old No7 »

Gosh, I am "shaken and stirred".................

Sean Connery, one of my most favorite actors, passed away at age 90.

From the BBC:
The Scottish actor was best known for his portrayal of James Bond, being the first to bring the role to the big screen and appearing in seven of the spy thrillers. Sir Sean died peacefully in his sleep in the Bahamas, having been "unwell for some time", his son said. His acting career spanned seven decades and he won an Oscar in 1988 for his role in The Untouchables. Sir Sean's other films included The Hunt for Red October, Highlander, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and The Rock.

I'm no Sean Connery for sure, but my wife likes my mustache and beard to be white (as I did try dyeing it once...) "to look like Sean Connery in that sub movie, he's so handsome" -- Well, if that's what the lady wants! Got to admit, it's not a bad look. :wink:

RIP Sir. Thanks for the movie magic and memories.

Old No7

Sean C 01.jpg
Sean C 02.jpg
Sean C 03.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Re: RIP Sean Connery

Post by barbarossa »

I enjoyed his movies my favourite was The man who would be king with micheal caine
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

His charisma was not something that could be adequately measured. It came from the soul of who he was. He was a very, very powerful actor so very, very charismatic.

You can't teach some things within the acting community. Some things are inherent and born to the person. Oliver Reed, Peter O'Toole, and Sean Connery. He was one of the most charismatic and influential actors that this world ever produced. I am sorry for his passing, but I am grateful for his showing of what it meant to set such a high bar of what it means to act His charisma places him in the exalted few people in Hollywood. He was truly that great! -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I remember watching the original Untouchables in the attic on our black and white television in 1959 or 60; only place we could get reception.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

RIP Sir Connery.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Medicine Man was one of my favorites. Not very likely, but still good.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Connery was just another Hollywood hypocrite, after making millions by waving a PPK around he was anti gun and played a part in the UK handgun ban and as for being a proud Scott he made sure non of his tax dollars were paid in Scotland. I for one won't weep at his passing.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:47 am Connery was just another Hollywood hypocrite, after making millions by waving a PPK around he was anti gun and played a part in the UK handgun ban and as for being a proud Scott he made sure non of his tax dollars were paid in Scotland. I for one won't weep at his passing.
Thank you sir.
He was a liberal who didn't mind making money with guns.
He just didn't want anyone else to have them.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

JimT wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:51 am
gamekeeper wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:47 am Connery was just another Hollywood hypocrite, after making millions by waving a PPK around he was anti gun and played a part in the UK handgun ban and as for being a proud Scott he made sure non of his tax dollars were paid in Scotland. I for one won't weep at his passing.
Thank you sir.
He was a liberal who didn't mind making money with guns.
He just didn't want anyone else to have them.
This is the reason people have to separate actors and other entertainers from their Hollywood roles to reality and not let them tell you how to vote come election time.They make their living
Playing fantasy roles and their personal lives are normally a who's who at the rehab for drug addiction ,alcohol and other serious personal problems not the type of people one should be taking advice from be it who you should vote for or anything else.On top of that these people are excessively rich and are only interested in a world where they can live their lifestyles exempt from the real world we have to live in

I enjoy some of the roles they play in the cinema but for for me most aren t role models
Last edited by barbarossa on Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Thanks for the reality check. I knew about the guns but wasn't aware of the taxes. Typical lib. Patriotic until it might cost them something.

We quit going to the movies in the early 80's for economic/logistic reasons (three small BUSY boys) and stayed away as we became more politically aware. We realized that the books those films were made from were much more entertaining, lasted longer, and were free for the asking at the library. Never regretted it.
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I remember this when we were fighting to keep our Handguns in the UK, sorry but I don't forget or forgive.
Quote from 1997.
Anti-gun lobbyists, who are calling on all voters to consider the banning of handguns as an election issue, yesterday launched a cinema advertisement to highlight their campaign.

The commercial, which will be shown in up to 1,000 cinemas nationwide, opens with a man loading a .22 calibre handgun. A voice-over from former 007 James Bond actor Sean Connery says: "It is said a total ban on handguns, including .22s, would take away innocent pleasure from thousands of people." The man in the film fires a rapid succession of shots, devastating a human- shaped cardboard target. Connery says: "Is that more or less pleasure than watching your child grow up?" The film closes with the words: "Remember Dunblane. Ban all handguns."
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:53 pm I remember this when we were fighting to keep our Handguns in the UK, sorry but I don't forget or forgive.
Quote from 1997.
Anti-gun lobbyists, who are calling on all voters to consider the banning of handguns as an election issue, yesterday launched a cinema advertisement to highlight their campaign.

The commercial, which will be shown in up to 1,000 cinemas nationwide, opens with a man loading a .22 calibre handgun. A voice-over from former 007 James Bond actor Sean Connery says: "It is said a total ban on handguns, including .22s, would take away innocent pleasure from thousands of people." The man in the film fires a rapid succession of shots, devastating a human- shaped cardboard target. Connery says: "Is that more or less pleasure than watching your child grow up?" The film closes with the words: "Remember Dunblane. Ban all handguns."
Not all that uncommon. Many actor who made good money using firearms in films are dead set against them for the rest of us.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

I can appreciate your point of view John; thanks for sharing that perspective.

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:53 pm I remember this when we were fighting to keep our Handguns in the UK, sorry but I don't forget or forgive.
I get that too...

BIG difference between the UK and U.S. is -- WE WON'T GIVE OURS UP!

They'll get them -- if they try -- 1 bullet at a time.

Anyways...
RIP Sir Sean the actor -- not the political activist.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Quote Old No7
BIG difference between the UK and U.S. is -- WE WON'T GIVE OURS UP!

BIG difference between the UK and US is -- THERE ARE A LOT MORE OF YOU THAN OF US !

Other than shooting cops and politicians we did everything we could to hold on to our rights, if the relatively small number of handgun owners had have taken it one stage further I wouldn't be writing this now and rifles and shotguns would have vanished too as a consequence.
Darryl, Connery may have been a popular entertainer but we really didn't need his or any other actors stupid input. If people like him want to p*** me off then they can go to Hell.
Like I said " I don't forget and I don't forgive".
mark
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mark »

PM Howard

"I don't forget and I don't forgive".

RIP "Connery".

Mark

r