Your Guns & Boating Accidents

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Your Guns & Boating Accidents

Post by Old No7 »

Too late for me, as all mine were recently lost...........

But for the others here... :wink:

Old No7

Floatation.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Your Guns & Boating Accidents

Post by TraderVic »

Is this for real ?
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Darn it! Just a few weeks too late for me. Right now the one I have left has decided in its grief to change its gender identity. What was a .22 lr revolver has decided it is now a painting of a soup can. I cannot understand its claims to be solidly gender fluid. It is even refusing to eat the stingers off of CCIs anymore. Says they cause it to have Irritable Barrel Syndrome.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That's why I got rid of my Henry AR7 survival rifle, the said it wouldn't sink...... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:12 pmThat's how I lost my Henry AR7 survival rifle, they said it wouldn't sink...... :lol:
There, fixed that grammatical slipup there.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Griff wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:15 pm
gamekeeper wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:12 pmThat's how I lost my Henry AR7 survival rifle, they said it wouldn't sink...... :lol:
Thanks Griff, it could be considered by some to be anti social to own anything with AR in the title.... :shock: although I did consider buying two so I could have one of Joe Bidens AR 14s.... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:49 pm
Griff wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:15 pm
Thanks Griff, it could be considered by some to be anti social to own anything with AR in the title.... :shock: although I did consider buying two so I could have one of Joe Bidens AR 14s.... :lol:
Always thot it woulda been great if it had been chambered in .32 Auto. Henry says there new Survival rifles only floats for a half hour.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Old No7 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:09 am Too late for me, as all mine were recently lost...........
I feel for you. Mine suffered the same fate...
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I once found a rifle in a lake! I'd guess the previous owner was illegally shooting something from his boat at night, and dropped it overboard! When I spotted it I was bass fishing, and working the edges of the lake. I noticed a perfectly round "stick" about 10"-12" out of the water, and went over to see what it was. When I got close I realized it was a rifle barrel, and I pulled up a complete Model 60 Marlin semiauto .22 rifle!
Took it home and spent n hour at the laundry sink trying to get sand out of the barrel. Eventually it unplugged and the bore looked good. I disassembled the whole gun and laid it out to dry. The next day I was shocked to see the barrel and mag tube had turned orange from being under water and oxygen turned it to rusty orange.
I ended up stripping barrel and mag tube, and rebluing them. Cleaned up the rest the gun, and oiled it up. Took it to the range and it shot great. Sold it to my apprentice electrician for $50, and he loved it.
I did have my wife's uncle run the serial number to make sure it wasn't on some stolen list before I spent time fixing it up.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/