Parker cross bows

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Parker cross bows

Post by hondo1892 »

I bought a Parker cross bow for my daughter to use several years back. It's been a great cross bow and never have had any issues with it. I missed a buck last evening and that put me down to just two arrows for the Parker. I went to the local archery shop to pick up another box of arrows and found out Parker has went out of business. Guess the covid shut down did them in. Any how Parker used a captured nock in their cross bows. So now I have to figure out if I can find another style of captured nocks will work in the Parker. If not I guess I'll try making a few myself and see if they work or not. This covid shut down stuff has really hurt a lot of businesses as well as people. Oh the archery stuff is just about as scarce as firearms and ammo too.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Re: Parker cross bows

Post by harry »

Parker closed their doors in 2018. Plenty of bolts out there though by all the major manufacturers.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

It was that long ago! My dad was looking at cross bows in 2018 and there were plenty of Parkers around then. I have looked all over the interweb and can't find any bolts with captured nocks like Parker used. I'm going to try another style and hope they work out. I found a couple of old new stock Parker bolts on ebay but they wanted almost $200 for six and that's way to rich for me.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

"Parker Bows has made the difficult decision to cease operations. We have explored what we believe to be all possible options to continue operations in one form or another but to no avail. It has truly been an honor to have been a part of your hunting seasons for over two decades. And it is hard to put into words what your loyalty and support has meant to us.

Effective as of the date of this post (December 17, 2018), all Parker and Red Hot branded products sold will be without a warranty regardless of statements on the packaging or in owner’s manuals. We will make every effort to honor existing warranty claims for items received at our Staunton, Virginia headquarters on or before December 31, 2018. Before returning any item for warranty service, please call 540-337-5426 to speak with a customer service representative and obtain a Return Authorization Number. Items received after December 31, 2018 will be refused.

As we wind down our operations, please check our website, social media pages, future emails and with your local dealer for special offers and announcements."
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

Head over to the crossbow nation forum. I’m sure you’ll find some good info over there.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I have a Parker bow and one of their crossbows. A buddy of mine has a crossbow too. He started having issues with his. He began to research a new crossbow and settled on Excalibur. During his investigation he found an independent testing report. Parker was the worst rated bow. Axles wearing oblong holes in the wheels, limb splits etc. Probably part of the reason they closed up.
I'm sure you can find just captured nocks and just swap them out.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

Yeah, I bought a parker crossbow like a month or less before they went out of business. I tried out several crossbows and actually really liked the parker the best plus I live about 30 miles from the Parker facility so I thought that was a bonus. My crossbow is the centerfire extreme.

I just called my local bow shop - they sold a ton of parker bows over the years again primarily because we are so close

I asked what people are doing about replacement bolts/nocks for parker bows. He said the 10 point pro elite bolts have a capture nock and they work with parker crossbows. He said that luminock makes a non-illuminated capture nock, and if you can find any they will work. he didn't have any. If you can find any parker nocks for sale anywhere like ebay, that they can be used with gold tip bolts - apparently the parker bolts were made by gold tip. he said as long as the inside bolt diameter is .300 the nocks will work. He said some people are using moon nocks, but I didn't press him on whether that was recommended or how well they work.

https://lumenok.com/collections/crossbo ... ssbow-nock

so sounds like there are some options.

When I found out parker was going out of business, I bought an extra box of 6 bolts, so I think I have at least a dozen which should last me for several more years. I've killed a few deer with this crossbow and I think all of those bolts were recovered and are being reused.

Good luck!!!