Interesting Social Observation

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Interesting Social Observation

Post by AJMD429 »

So we have a BUNCH of highly-intelligent, deep-thinking, people, who think that if we elect Trump, we face several decades of national growth, economic success, social stability, and political harmony. If we elect Biden, they think we will potentially face a century of national stagnation, poverty, instability, and division.

I think we ALL know many people who feel that way.

Then again, most of us know plenty of people who feel the exact OPPOSITE is the case... :?: These people, from the political 'left', are very sincere in their opinions, and although many of them could be pejoratively described as 'low information voters', some are quite intelligent, and it is amazing to see that they are observing the same situation, and coming to complete OPPOSITE conclusions...!

Anyone taking a step back from all the rhetoric can surely appreciate the amazing fact that otherwise intelligent and well-meaning people can conclude such opposite things when observing the SAME situation. Now I know some will say that one or the other (or both) sides only lives in an 'information bubble', where they only view 'news' that is filtered through their political comrades - yet we ALL have access to nearly infinite news sources, despite the efforts at censorship from the 'social media' sites and many 'mainstream' news sources that allege to be 'objective'. None of us is prohibited from reading 'the other side', and plenty of un-censored sources on both 'left' and 'right' exist for our perusal, IF we are not so intellectually lazy, or so politically-biased, that we refuse to view the entire spectrum.

The only thing I can conclude from this is that one side must have their vision clouded with materialism and wealth-envy, arrogance and judgementalism, and hatred for anyone different than themselves. That is the only way to explain the difference.

However - this STILL simply recycles the same issue - because my description of 'clouded with materialism and wealth-envy, arrogance and judgementalism, and hatred for anyone different than themselves' - is going to CLEARLY describe Democrats to the Conservatives (maybe most 'Republicans') who read it - YET - the Democrats who see that phrase will IMMEDIATELY think I am clearly describing Conservatives...!!!

It is almost as if there are two parallel universes, and one is inhabited by Democrats/Progressives, and the other by Republicans/Conservatives... Neither can look at the same checkerboard and agree on which squares are white and which are black.

Given that fundamental level of intellectual discord, what is the real answer...? I honestly don't know, but others have used the phrase "Trump Derangement Syndrome" to describe how some otherwise intelligent and rational individuals seem to come completely unhinged and irrational and illogical if they are given the choice of doing anything constructive for our society versus anything that will destroy Donald Trump - they are compelled to choose 'Destroy Trump' even if it comes at the expense of making our nation more dangerous, more divisive, more impoverished, and less successful.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Interesting Social Observation

Post by AJMD429 »

I don’t think you can really even discuss current events with people who are Democrats. I sent the following text towards the end of a back-and-forth exchange where the other person had commented that she KNOWS Trump is a “racist” because she saw what he said about “very fine people” after a “Trump supporter” killed one and injured nineteen in Charlottesville.

Me:

“The day of that incident Trump said, “We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence, on many sides. On many sides.”

Two days later he said (when attacked that he condemned violence ‘on many sides’ instead of only condemning right-on-left violence:

“As I said on Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America.

And as I have said many times before: No matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God. We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.

Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.

We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our Creator. We are equal under the law. And we are equal under our Constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America.”

Those certainly don’t sound like the words of a racist, and if Biden or Obama or Clinton had said them, they would be praised as uniting and building bridges. If the same words uttered by Trump somehow make him racist, and I think there is a perception problem.

Then the next day he was attacked again by the media:

Reporter, Aug. 15, 2017: You said there was hatred, there was violence on both sides …

Trump: Well, I do think there’s blame – yes, I think there’s blame on both sides. You look at, you look at both sides. I think there’s blame on both sides, and I have no doubt about it, and you don’t have any doubt about it either. And, and, and, and if you reported it accurately, you would say.

Reporter: The neo-Nazis started this thing. They showed up in Charlottesville. …

Trump: Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo — and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name. …

It’s fine, you’re changing history, you’re changing culture, and you had people – and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally – but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people, but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats – you had a lot of bad people in the other group too...”

I guess if he says all that and you still think he’s a racist, you must be perceiving something that many brilliant Black people have been fooled by, including Candace Owens and Larry Elder and Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams.

And as far as injuries and body counts, there’s no way to collect accurate data, but it sure seems to be the norm for the political left to resort to violence in order to intimidate and suppress the speech of those who they disagree with, far more than the political right. People like Ben Shapiro or Jordan Peterson or Candace Owens or Dan Bongino try to speak at college campuses or other public places, and there is very often violence from the left."

Her response:

“Ironically, the words you credit Trump as saying, weren't even "his" words. That was a statement prepared by his staff and read off of a teleprompter. I don't think anyone, including his supporters, bought it?"

My response:

“By that logic, simply disliking someone and mistrusting their motives would render every single word they said irrelevant.

And if everything that is prepared in advance instead of off the cuff is not to be trusted, it would render most of the things Obama and Biden, not to mention just about every other prominent public figure, says, untruthful.

The only way to navigate a world like that would be indeed to just base everything on one's gut feeling and like or dislike of a person, rather than their words and actions."

Hers:

“Your premise is invalid. I don't necessarily render every word a person says as irrelevant because I distrust them or their motives. But, a written statement prepared for Trump, that he was basically forced to make by his aides because he botched his initial responses, lacks a little bit of credibility.”

Clearly, Trump Derangement Syndrome is REAL; you simply can’t reason with people blinded by prejudice and hate, even when they are otherwise intelligent and nice people....! I swear, this individual is one of the kindest, nicest, most sincere, and good human beings I know.....yet her words just amaze and confuse me.....how can a sane and intelligent person say those things...??? Yet - no doubt she would think the same of me. That is the strangest part...we really must live in parallel universes...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Perhaps it’s all an Hegelian Dialectic. Two opposites posed by a third. Neither can exist without the other and they are equals. If a mind is caught up completely in one or the other then their ability to see any other outcome besides the two is not possible. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
https://broodsphilosophy.wordpress.com/ ... ic-method/
Our ability to hold two opposing views has been schooled out of us. Think Prussian education. Read-regurgitate. Not read-think-teach. As human animals we learn best grammar-logic-rhetoric but we can be schooled to appeal to authority and not develop the logic software. As the corpus callosum resorbs at puberty the if-this-then-that processor develops. You have about five years to install the logic software or the machine will always default to emotion to make decisions. As a nation the compulsory education has succeeded in relegating the logic portion to the dustbin. Unless you went to the “good” schools. Thinks Prussian education.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

All I can say is WE are not the ones rioting and looting. WE were not happy about 08-16 administration but we did not burn cities.
I believe the derangement is not just about Trump, it's the whole liberal mindset.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

my tin foil hat gets tighter every year and I worry. A lot of poor countries use the left/right thing to play people off and rob them. Ive lived in such places. The 1st world dug these terms up from where we left them back in the 70's and made them common language again just recently. The more such terms fly around the more money leaks out of the middle class. I dont mean to be negative doc,I do hope you guys are right.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

My social observation, women at the gunshow this weekend, that were in tight jeans and cowboy boots gotlooked at as much as women in yoga pants and sandals! :mrgreen:
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!