Duck/Goose killer

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Duck/Goose killer

Post by 6pt-sika »

Purchased another Duck-Goose killer last week and it arrived today .

Guns not perfect by any stretch but it is a little rareish in the fact that it's a 12 gauge Parker VH built on the #3 frame which is considered the standard 10 gauge frame most 12's were on 1 , 1 1/2 or 2 frames . I have a pair of DH Parker 12's already on 3 frames one with factory original fluid steel 28" flat rib barrels which is even more rare and a DH 32" damascus thats pre 1898 .

Anyway this new gun with 32" fluid steel barrels and more modern stock dimensions should make a fair to middlin waterfowl/turkey gun . Now the kicker is I've never fired a shot at a duck and the times I go goosin i carry a double 10 . As to turkey the war between turkey's and myself ended years ago , thats not to say I won't kill one if the oppurtunity presents itself I just don't have the desire to pursue them expressly .

Anyway here are a couple pics of the gun . I didn't take these but rather they were sent to me before I purchased it .
a.jpg
b.jpg
c.jpg
d.jpg
e.jpg
h.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Duck/Goose killer

Post by gamekeeper »

Congratulations again!! :mrgreen: I'm always relieved and happy to see Parker's that escaped being sent over the pond to be re sleeved by Westley Richards, :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:27 pm Congratulations again!! :mrgreen: I'm always relieved and happy to see Parker's that escaped being sent over the pond to be re sleeved by Westley Richards, :wink:
This ones fluid steel ! But I do have an LC Smith field grade that has Westley Richards sleeved barrels now . Gun was broken in the wrist so the guy that used to own it wrapped the wrist with copper wire and some popsicle sticks as kinda splints I supposed then slathered with epoxy . This was done atleast forty years ago as I’ve had the gun for over thirty years . Rather hideous looking but that LC Smith points and shoots quite well when I’m steering it so I’ve never bothered to try and make it look better .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I shot that bad boy at 5-stand last evening at my local club . The gun is choked tight no doubt , but it certainly rolled up targets at a fair distance . Of course there were some close that the driver didn’t steer correctly for , but all in all this one just might be my new to me sporting clays crusher 8) . This is a distinct problem with having TO MANY you really like and shoot relatively well , you can’t shoot them ALL - ALL THE TIME . :roll:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Looks pretty good. A little honest wear is perfectly acceptable on a nicely made gun.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I’m still thinking about the breaks I was getting at 40+ yards with this gun . Now breaks at that distance and further don’t amaze me as such , but with this gun I was making powder puffs out of them that far out . :shock:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I just looked back at the info the seller gave me on the gun before I decided to buy and he measured the gun with 36 points of constriction in each barrel , that’s pretty much extra full .