Done

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: One of the Reasons I Love Leverguns

Post by .45colt »

I can certainly agree with You Steve. All have there own sound. one of My favorite gun related noises is using the speed load feature on My Browning Auto 5 , that sound of steel hitting steel is pretty cool. :D .
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I like it too. Particularly the sound of a Winchester 86 or 71.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Yep they all sound great, have mostly lever guns or 4 click revolvers
even an old mauser in 8 mm that sounds cool as the cartridge slides goes home

Going to change the subject, How far is that troublesome fire from you?
I live n.w. of Wheatland Wyo. 8 miles & i could see the mountains of smoke that looked 30,000 feet
high, i watched 31 news this morn & it looks like a night mare!!

hope your out of the danger zone

Brad
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

It definitely sounds better than the 'classic' sound of a pump-shotgun that everyone (who may never have even shot a gun) raves about...

Sometimes my son and I will be on the phone, and one of us will work the action on whatever gun is handy, and ask the other "ok.....what gun was that....???"

Of course it gets silly - how come he is so dumb he can't tell the difference between my 44 Mag Rossi and my 45 Colt Rossi....??? What a loser... :roll:

The best one was when he worked the 'action' on a Vice-Grip, and challenged me to guess 'what gun'... I guessed four or five guns before he confessed.... :lol: :oops:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I'm another fan of the sound of a '92. A '94 isn't far behind, but not my favorite action as it is so hard to field strip compared to say, a Marlin.
As to the pump guns, I loved racking my old 16-gauge Model 12. I could do it in a back bedroom and my Brittany would be at my feet in an instant, wanting to go chase birds, bless her old heart.
Sure glad you have weather relief coming, Steve. Brother Ty near Fort Collins was evacuated early on in the Cameron Peak Fire. Our skies down south of you have been brown with West Coast fire smoke as well, and we are looking forward to this cold front coming down on Sunday to give us a rinse.