100 pounds of Black Powder....???? Really...????

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

100 pounds of Black Powder....???? Really...????

Post by AJMD429 »

https://concealednation.org/2020/10/fl- ... y-injured/

I'm betting it wasn't really BLACK powder.

If you guys haven't seen this video, grab some tissues* and watch it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SlOXowwC4c - it is a SAAMI video on the behavior of small arms ammunition and components in household fires.

(* quite a bit of nice ammunition was destroyed in the making of the video... :cry: )
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: 100 pounds of Black Powder....???? Really...????

Post by Griff »

I lit off about a 1/4 cup of BP once... it was contaminated with dirt, having been swept off my bench and up off the floor when I was first learning how to load BP in cartridges... Went "WHOOSH" and filled the "attic" space of my garage with nice white smoke! Unlike the smokeless I'd formed up in a nice small line to use a fuse, it didn't "burn" so much, as just exploded, but uncontained, (well except on the bottom of the pile)...

News should contain facts, not conjecture.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Griff wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:07 pm I lit off about a 1/4 cup of BP once... it was contaminated with dirt, having been swept off my bench and up off the floor when I was first learning how to load BP in cartridges... Went "WHOOSH" and filled the "attic" space of my garage with nice white smoke! Unlike the smokeless I'd formed up in a nice small line to use a fuse, it didn't "burn" so much, as just exploded, but uncontained, (well except on the bottom of the pile)...

News should contain facts, not conjecture.
Good way to fog for spiders! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I have set off 10 pounds of FFg at one time.
The blast was impressive.
I would think 100 pounds going off at one time would damage other homes in the area.