Dixon's Muzzleloader Shop

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Dixon's Muzzleloader Shop

Post by yooper2 »

Been wanting to go to Dixon's for years and finally did yesterday. Well worth the wait! Great range of products including casting, reloading, books, production guns, custom guns, antique guns, gun building supplies, accoutrements, all manner of other things. In addition to stuff for sale there is a great collection of muzzleloader through the ages, various models of Winchester leverguns, and US small arms up to the Garand. The owners are wonderful and extremely knowledgeable folks to boot.

I bought a bunch of books, inletting black, a left hand lock, a bullet mold, few pounds of blackpowder, and some horn blanks. There is a gorgeous .40 left hand flinter that made me want to do something financially unsound but I resisted.

If you are ever in Pennsylvania it is well worth a trip over there. Very pretty drive through hilly farmlands to boot. I hope to go back for the gunmaker's fair next summer.

Eric
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Re: Dixon's Muzzleloader Shop

Post by hondo1892 »

Always lots of good stuff to check out at the gun makers fair. Only thing is I hate the crowds that go along with the fair.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I visited the place five or so years ago . Not at fair time but stopped by . Strangely I came out of there with a few things for the Contrmporarys I used to have but the big score was a very very nice Wm Beatty meat cleaver . I use that from time to time when butchering deer .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Cool , here in Ohio there is a similar shop been in Lodi forever. https://www.logcabinshop.com/
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Yooper, Dixons’s is my local muzzleloader shop. Been going for years. Great place isn’t it. Good people.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Dixon's is legendary. Closest we had in Oregon was the Muzzleloading Emporium in Springfield.
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

Looks like I'll have to add the Log Cabin Shop and the Muzzleloading Emporium to my list of places to check out!

While I'm not fond of crowds I am willing to deal with them in certain circumstances, think the Gunmakers fair will be worth it.

Fordwannabe, I spent about 3 hours there had great chats with the Dixons and a couple of customers. This won't be last time I go there for sure.

Eric
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Yep..great place...I hit it about once or twice a year...maybe 60 miles from here. You notice how they ring up your purchases?

I've been to their fair and it's a great way to spend the day. Make ya think your in 1795.

No...they don't budge on those Winchesters on the upper wall.......----006
Model A Uzi’s
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

Jack,
Mr. Dixon tallied up my purchases on an old fashioned receipt pad (with carbon copy!), then punched it into a cash register, then did the math to double check it.

I didn't even ask about those Winchesters but the '73 military musket and '95 405 w/special order shotgun butt caught my eye. It was also the first time I've seen a 50-70 rolling block in the flesh, I own an old sharps conversion and have handled trapdoors but never the 50-70 rolling block.

Eric