Henry vs Marlin drop at comb

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
bluesman423
Levergunner 2.0

Henry vs Marlin drop at comb

Post by bluesman423 »

It is time for a scope on everything forward mounted "scout scopes" will not work.

I have narrowed my choice for a 44 mag lever rifle down to the Henry Big Boy vs the Marlin 1894.

Can anybody tell me where to find info on the stock drop for each rifle?

Thank you if you can help.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Henry vs Marlin drop at comb

Post by gamekeeper »

I did a quick search and found nothing....seems like a side by side comparison in a gun shop maybe the only way to be sure which one suits you best, I have found stock dimensions quoted are sometimes unreliable anyway.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

To some degree, you could take a screenshot of the photo (if it is a straight side-photo) off each company's website, and put them in 'Paint' or something like that, then size them similarly, and overlap the photos, for a rough comparison.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
bluesman423
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bluesman423 »

Thanks for the responses guys. I don't feel so bad about not being able to find this info my self now.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Henry may be accommodating, call em?
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Call or email both Henry and Marlin, ask for stock dimensions. I can certainly measure my Big Boy but I can't measure a Marlin as I don't have one. All that is needed is a long straight edge held on the top of the receiver over the stock and measure down to determine DAC,DAH. Let me know if you would like me to measure my BB.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!