Taking zinc during the pandemic

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Taking zinc during the pandemic

Post by Bill in Oregon »

After Doc keeps talking about it, I bought a jar of zinc gummies, 22 mg (as zinc citrate). So do you take these every day when you are seemingly healthy, or do you take them only when you start to feel "off"? Does zinc interfere with anything else? New to this supplement.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Taking zinc during the pandemic

Post by GunnyMack »

Bill ive been taking zinc daily for years. Id suggest you read the label, it should give dosage.
Does zinc work ? I haven't rusted so I guess I'm galvanized :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:07 pm Bill ive been taking zinc daily for years. Id suggest you read the label, it should give dosage.
Does zinc work ? I haven't rusted so I guess I'm galvanized :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I take it daily too, didn't know about the galvanising.. :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I don't take nothing unless I need it.......if I'm feeling good why slop up your system with stuff you think is going to help with a problem you don't have...

Eat right and keep your body moving is all ya need to do.----006
Model A Uzi’s
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Sixgun wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:54 pm Eat right and keep your body moving is all ya need to do.----006
I believe if you move around on your knees you will be fine.
I figured that out by going to a restaurant where, if you are seated you don't need a mask, but if you stand up you do.
Apparently the virus cannot find you if you are low.
So walk around on your knees and be safe.
Oh .. it's a handy position in case you want to pray also
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

So yeah. Every day. D3 too. It will help against the flu too.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

From what I read, a consensus among the physicians who seem to be proactive about all this is that pretty much everyone should take 5000 to 10,000 units per day of vitamin D3, 2000 to 4000 mg of vitamin C, and 30 to 60 mg of zinc. Those would be daily doses with the lower dose what is recommended in general, and a higher dose what would be recommended with a definite exposure or mild symptoms. Anything beyond mild symptoms should result in an encounter with a physician for more specific advice and monitoring. The lower doses of those supplements a houldn’t get a healthy person in trouble over a few months, and the higher doses should be OK for a month or so until you can get specific advice from your own physician.

People with any chronic condition should already be seeing a physician and have more specifically tailored advice. Also, males with prostate should take about twice as much zinc because the prostate gland absorbs zinc out of the bloodstream.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

I believe if you move around on your knees you will be fine.
I figured that out by going to a restaurant where, if you are seated you don't need a mask, but if you stand up you do.
Apparently the virus cannot find you if you are low.
So walk around on your knees and be safe.
Oh .. it's a handy position in case you want to pray also
I noticed that too Jim. Small business are too dangerous to have many people in where I am, half or 3/4 the seating in doctors surgeries, small shops, restaurants or bars have to be empty. But big gyms, supermarkets and department stores are fine to cram in. The virus maybe unable to transmit in big businesses. So if you arew worried about getting it, stay in supermarkets and larger stores.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Doc, thanks for weighing in. I hoped you would. I did not know about the prostate connection, and am on doxazosin and finasteride for BPH issues ... :|