Short Magazine on 94 Black Shadow

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Short Magazine on 94 Black Shadow

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Ok...common jam on the Winchester 94. The dreaded under carrier jam. Usually not as frustrating as it used to be. Easiest way to unjam....take the plug out of the magazine, take the spring out and the plunger. Usually can use a bit of gravity and a small diameter wood dowel to guide the offending cartridges back into the magazine. But that is on a normal, run of the mill, Winchester 94

What about the short magazine Black Shadows and Timber Carbines? They do not seem to come apart the same way....any body have the proper disassembly of them?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Short Magazine on 94 Black Shadow

Guess nobody knows how to take these apart without bending the magazine?
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Have to bump this....still struggling to figure out how to take the tube magazine off of a short mag Black Shadow without scratching the heck out of it.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Not sure of the actual version the Black Shadow or Timber carbine, but... if it follows the general rule, then take the rear barrel band off, remove the mag tube cap and let the spring out... the follower should slide right out.

My 2008 parts book doesn't give a separate listing for the mag cap on the Black Shadow or the Timber carbine, but from your picture it appears that it has an integral sling stud, if so, that should unscrew to take out the plug, you'll also need to remove the rear barrel band, it's screw forms a barrier to keep the magazine in place. It might be a later feature added after the publication of my parts book.

Sorry, just saw the question... I don't get to read every topic before they disappear off my screen... :P :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!