‘Un-boxing’ an Odin Chassis...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

‘Un-boxing’ an Odin Chassis...

Post by AJMD429 »

I always thought ‘un-boxing videos’ seemed pretty silly until I found out some woman was making about $100,000 a year by videoing the opening and evaluation of various Disney toys and Disney clothing articles in her spare time.

Anyway, when I got a box that looked like this in the mail, I figured I just had to share.... :D
756502E8-CB5E-4DB3-999F-8185C096EF70.jpeg
What it contained was essentially an aluminum replacement stock for a Ruger 10/22 - either ‘rifle’ or ‘pistol’ (“Charger”) version. It is the Odin Chassis by Enoch Industries...

My son and I have been discussing the ideal 22 LR chambered firearm to take when out in the back woods for an extended period, where there was a centerfire rifle for some large game hunt, but it seemed prudent to have a handgun for small game for food or even potentially defense against predators of the two legged type.

My recent project has been a Ruger PC-9 pistol as a ‘house gun’ to replace the 300 Blk AR pistol as an easier-to-use more ear-friendly firearm. The advantage of the Ruger versus an ordinary 9mm Glock or my Taurus PT-92 is that with an arm brace it is much easier to use with the added front-end weight of a suppressor.

That got me thinking that when out in the woods, instead of a Contender pistol in 22 LR, which would certainly be an accurate firearm for obtaining dinner, there would be the consideration of a semiautomatic in terms of a stripped down Ruger Charger. The potential to use an arm brace due to the 1913 rail on this stock was intriguing. Here is the PC-9 next to the Charger - note I had already replaced the blued factory barrel with a heavy stainless barrel threaded for my suppressor...
AE461FEA-2C48-4B33-9B68-6AB5572A8006.jpeg
Here are some photos of what you get, and you add whatever AR-15 style grip you would like. Some of the grips that have in-grip storage for extra cartridges or whatever might be useful in a survival situation. The front of the aluminum receiver has plenty of M-lock holes for addition of optics or sling-swivels or bipod mounts or whatever sort of gimcrackery you want to add.
81EA80AE-528C-4C2A-A473-A71DA469D093.jpeg
1DE0DE90-6D92-4A20-8077-609EC4124C99.jpeg
Here is the firearm with the arm brace extended to balance the suppressor, although in the backwoods you likely wouldn’t need the suppressor.
0F5D4C90-A241-4DF3-B819-277944EE32DF.jpeg
Not sure yet what kind of optic I will put on the Charger. It has been really accurate (5 shots in 1/2” at 40 yards off the bench with 16x scope), and I actually had an infrared scope on it for whacking rabbits at night at one point, but I will probably put a lower power optic on it, although a red dot would be a reasonable option as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: ‘Un-boxing’ an Odin Chassis...

Post by OldWin »

Mine is on the right. Next to a 10/22 for reference. I've had BB guns that weighed more. It has an incredible trigger, a threaded muzzle, and is incredibly accurate. It currently has a 2x scope on it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

LOOKS LIKE FUN
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Doc, you you should look up the Crazy Russian Hacker. He's made a nice living and retirement out of it already.
But Doc if you started doing videos it might do 2 things:

1 Show just how knowledge and smart you are.

".................. OR ...................

2 you wont live up to our expectations of what we thought we knew about you... :mrgreen: todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!