5 handguns, 5 rifles, 1 shotgun...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

5 handguns, 5 rifles, 1 shotgun...

Post by AJMD429 »

“What I grab when a need arises...”

(...aside from the family jewels... :D )
DB99E60E-E210-49D9-BAC8-5541503ABE4A.jpeg
There are lots of guns that a person collects because they are historically significant, or sentimental a valuable, or just plain interesting, but there is usually a core group of ones that are used often because they are practical.

After a lot of buying and SELLING and trading I think I have the ideal core ‘go-to’ firearms:

On the left is the most ‘do-all’ gun I have - a Marlin 1894 csx in 357 Mag; powerful enough for deer if needed, or 2-legged predators for sure, and easy to carry and shoot for novices.

Next is the Ruger PC pistol that importantly my wife can use very easily (she hates the ‘charging handle’ AR system even more than I do) with an automatic-on (motion detect) red dot and an intuitive laser/light. Even without the suppressor it isn't too bad to shoot indoors.

I hardly ever use the shotgun other than known chicken yard pests like possums or something in a tree, but it certainly is a decent shotgun.

The 223 AR is a side-charging-handle version - also with an easy to use red dot and light. The 60 round drum can be left loaded a long time.

If I need to kill a deer there's still nothing that's done better than my marlin 1894 lever action 44.

If I had to go outside at night to deal with something unknown, the 300 blackout pistol with a really good light laser and red-dot has worked pretty well.

If I know what I'm dealing with is a cat or a dog the AMT Lightning clone of the Ruger 10/22 in the Tapco stock accommodates an EoTech and pistol laser and light that work well together; I've dealt with a lot of feral cats and dogs out past 50 yards at night with that set up.

The 18 inch heavy barrel AR with ACOG sight is a good set up for daytime use out to pretty far ranges, for things like coyotes, and I’m sure it would double for home protection.

The Taurus PT-92 mimics my CCW Gun so makes a good nightstand gun for me with the added light/laser for night use in the house.

My 14-shot 45 ACP 1911 ParaOrdnance is what I'd add if I had to go 'downtown' without a long gun (I don’t get out much... :oops: ).

Finally, if something really needs shot with a handgun that has fangs and claws, there's always my Redhawk 44 Mag.

I suppose if I added the 12th gun it would be either my 375 Ruger Hawkeye Alaskan or my Saiga-12 - Either one represents the pinnacle of power I can wield from the shoulder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: 5 handguns, 5 rifles, 1 shotgun...

Post by Sixgun »

You a bad man with bad things.....I'm calling AOC.

Well doc...you be set up right good! I hear ya on the "core guns"....or like you said, your "go to" heat......funny, I don't care for shotguns either just having a few doubles.

Your a man who has a mind that's capable of diversifying and keeping your head with the different guns for different needs....I'm pretty much simple minded keeping several AR's in .223 for multi duty.....I've come to like the 9mm cartridge for handgun and rifle use in the Israeli Uzi.....

I usually just keep "behind the door" a .22 L.R. 1890 pump and a couple of SKS's with 30 rd. mags.......handguns? All over the place..most in 9mm or 38 Spl.------006

Well, if things get real bad and I get hammered by flocks of geese, there's always the BAR. :D

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. I ain't much of a shotgun guy either. Never use em.

Household duty.
I keep a Glock 21SF with a light on my nightstand. The wife has a flatlatch Smith 36 on hers.
There is a 10.5 300BO AR in the closet with 3 mags of Barnes TacTX black tips.
Downstairs in the gunroom is a Colt 6920 with a light and 5 mags.

Street use.
I carry some form of 1911 45 for 3 seasons. Summer is usually a Glock 19.
Keep a scabbard in the truck and Jeep. Usually holds a 94 carbine in 30-30 or a knockoff 92 in .357.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

OK! Nice hardware Doc. But now I want to see a photo of you walking down the lane with all that stuff strapped on . . . . .