Do ALL AR-15 front sight adjustment tools suck...???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Do ALL AR-15 front sight adjustment tools suck...???

Post by AJMD429 »

I keep hoping to find one that actually has prongs long enough to push the retaining pin down, and strong enough not to bend or break...

I may try this different design, although slowly I’m changing over to ‘crosshair’ fronts so will have to go back to using bullet tips or make my own tool.
58760B32-D060-4E8E-B37E-5E88443A7245.png
I really like the crosshair front sites. It’s hard to get a good picture of what they look like in use, but if you go outside at night and you’re using a weapon light they are really good, and far easier to pick up than a post.
DFBD8C06-0555-4D2F-A47C-BF2B7ACA44BB.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Do ALL AR-15 front sight adjustment tools suck...???

Post by GunnyMack »

you are right Doc the tools all suck! I put a tritium sight set on my combat upper. Think I could get the front sight to move- nope. Bullet tip sucks just as bad !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
ethang
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ethang »

I have used the Troy Industries tool at work and it has been great. Most people use them incorrectly which is what breaks off the tabs.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I did find this 'review' - but you know how internet 'reviews' are - https://theprepperinsider.com/scopes/ar ... ght-tools/
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "